Every Harry Potter chocolate frog cards from Universal Studios (and more)!

picosbeak123

Right, so I think it was about time for someone to try and reunite all the official chocolate frog cards that exist out there; cards that are being sold at the moment or that have been discontinued. They've been around since 2010, and I wasn't able to find anywhere online to compare or to get any information about uncommon or even regional exclusive cards.
I tried my best to scan all the different cards that I got. Please remember that those collectible cards are lenticular, so (as long as I know) there is no good way to scan them in order to get a decent printable copy. Those scans are intended to work just as exemples of each model.

I would like to get as much information about different models as I can. I'm a bit obsessed about not missing any, therefore this thread. So, as long as I know, I got all of the different models for every different character released to date. If incorrect, please let me know. I would love to help any eventual collector or HP fan to finish this evergrowing collection.

(Sorry, as this thread will be updated with every new release, and it will be pic heavy!)

At the moment, there's only purchasable 10 characters, but there's more than 20 different cards. YUP. There's more than one Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff card out there.
The list of the characters available right now are:

Regular Godric Gryffindor
Regular Salazar Slytherin
Regular Helga Hufflepuff
Regular Rowena Ravenclaw
GOLD Albus Dumbledore
SILVER Albus Dubledore
Regular Albus Dumbledore
Regular Gilderoy Lockhart
Exhibit Ver. Godric Gryffindor
Exhibit Ver. Salazar Slytherin
Exhibit Ver. Helga Hufflepuff
Exhibit Ver. Rowena Ravenclaw
Exhibit Ver. Albus Dumbledore
Regular Hengist of Woodcroft
Regular Berttie Bott
Regular Jocunda Sykes
Regular Devlin Whitehorn
Regular Garrick Ollivander
Regular Artemisia Lufkin
Regular Merlin
Regular Paracelsus (TO BE REVEALED)
Regular Daisy Dodderidge (TO BE REVEALED)

(Every card of every character has been changed over time cause of quality reasons. They have improved the definition and fixed the blurriness with each edition every year. I'm just giving an example of each model, but I'm not showing every edition of each card, as it has been many without any substantial modification, as seen below)

2938xlh.jpg

At the very beginning there was only 4 characters and 4 models; Hogwarts founders. Those cards were clearly just prototypes, as they were messy, blurry and they've changed so much over time. Each card has changed it's colors from a dark blue to a purpleish lighter blue. The background was redesigned, stars were moved or added, and the back of the card was completely redesigned, changing it's palette and even text.

As an example, see this First edition Rowena Ravenclaw ('10) and then a modern (but not current) edition that was released some years later.

1zztf87.jpg

That means that there's 4 First Edition cards of the Founders that are different from the ones that you currently get from the frogs. (I'm just showing Ravenclaw's as it was the most changed one, but the other 3 founders were at the same situation).

A few months later, they announced that a Limited Golden Edition Albus Dumbledore would joint the collection. ('11). After that limited card was discontinued (as cannot be purchased officially anymore), they added a regular blue colored Dumbledore card. What doesn't seem very well known is that there is one more special edition Dubledore out there; It is a Silver Edition Albus Dumbledore card, only obtainable at Universal Studios Osaka, Japan. That makes this card one of the rarest of the whole collection, if not the most, as it cannot be purchased anywhere else. (and I can assure that I haven't seen any of those for sale anywhere. Ever)

2uj76mq.jpg

Here the special ones; the Japan Exclusive and the Limited Golden edition. (That (I'm posting a regular photo of the Silver one too, as the metallic effect was lost when scanning)

2sblac6.jpg
15p5xky.jpg

The collection then was stuck for more than 3 years without any new release, till last year, when they released a whole lot of new cards. First of all, they announced a new character to be added to the set, Gilderoy Lockhart, that was released at the HP Celebration 2017 and still can be obtained.

11spb7r.jpg

After that, the HP exhibit hit Madrid, Spain, and there a new batch of the first 5 characters were released to the public (Founders & Dumbledore).
They chose to use the same background for all of them, and used different poses and a new design for the pattern of the card, as you can see here. The size of the card was modified too, making them slightly smaller than the previous ones. (The Chocolate frog box was changed too, as they used a different font and changed the packaging a little bit).
34i21b5.jpg

Later that year they announced the inclusion of the founder of Hogsmade, Hengist of Woodcroft. It is randomly obtainable since then.

33x7x2e.jpg

And finally (for now), Universal Studios has shown the next character to be added to the collection; Bertie Bott. It cannot be purchased yet, and will be released late this month (Jan '18) at Universal Studios Orlando as part as the HP Celebration 2018.

28r1ixy.jpg

After Mr. Bott, they've officially released a few more cards, both being Jocunda Sykes and Devlin Whitehorn.
Jocunda-Sykes-Chocolate-Frog-Card-Feature-900x563.jpg

Early in 2019, two more cards started to pop up online on eBay. Sellers claimed that they belonged to a not officially released batch of chocolate frogs that were not approved by WB and that were sold at Universal Studios Orlando and Hollywood for a month from November 2018. Those cards are still pending to be officially announced or released, being Devlin Whitehorn the last official card sold by WB. EDIT: those cards ended up being official and can now be officially obtained as regulard cards in the collection.
IMG_20181126_183058.jpg

29/09/19 -
It seems like a new card has been unnoficially revealed and sold online, being this card Merlin. This release is not official and still has to be confirmed. UPDATE: It turned out to be official and it was released on January 2020.
B91C3DBD-6801-4088-B831-11846D21B489.jpeg

Shortly after Merlin popped up online, a few more cards were being sold on ebay; Paracelsus and Daisy Dodderidge. Again, those cards were not officially revealed, but the rumors are that one of them was intended to be released on April 2020, and the other one in September 2020. I got both cards already in my collection and will upload better scans as soon as I got the chance to work on it. Due to the COVID-19 situation, I guess both cards won't be released till autumn 2020.
78769061_581431335983605_7221016970169155584_n.jpg
74333546_2780211302024264_3513014765427359744_n.jpg

And that's it for now. I know this won't draw a lot of interest, as I don't think many people are seriously collecting these items, but I thought it would be fun to try and do my best with this list!! I'm missing any model, or any release here? Please let us all know!

Last edited:
Ive got a set in my HP display. Thanks for posting! I don't know why they don't release the new ones in Ca as well. So strange.

I didn't know the selection was so severely limited! Wow. I assumed there were dozens to chose from.

Thanks a lot for sharing! I did not know about the variations among the 'regular' cards.

I tried to gather some info on these a while back on the free paper props thread.
But you got a much wider range of variants and much better display organization than me. hehe (-;

I'm still hoping for them to do a 'black background' version of these.

I'd really appreciate if they could bring that aspect closer to the original movie prop.
Even if the design would to remain innacurate... I could then cut and add the picture to a movie designed version of the card.
Which I'm might even do with these versions to be honest... should be fun.

Wow, that was an excellent assemblage of the cards and their variations. I didn't know about the two other Dumbledore cards. Where did you get the photo of the upcoming Bertie Botts card? I love it! Thanks so much for bringing together all the details and posting pics. It's wonderful! Can't wait to hear and see more of what you can find out!

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried to gather some info on these a while back on the free paper props thread.
But you got a much wider range of variants and much better display organization than me. hehe (-;

I'm still hoping for them to do a 'black background' version of these.

Thanks! I think I remember your post! I've been planning on creating this list since then. Have you seen the other thread I opened about Custom chocolate frog cards? The black background idea is really appealing to me. Maybe we could work something out in order to build the ultimate screen accurate Dumbledore Card! :p

Where did you get the photo of the upcoming Bertie Botts card?

I'm glad you liked the reading! Universal Studios released a couple photos of the front and back of Bertie Botts. They did the same with Lockhart's and Woodcroft's a few months ago.

Do you display your cards in any way? I'm always thinking about making an album. In the old Game Boy games, there was an album to store all the cards; the Folio Universitas. I think it is just a matter of time for Universal Studios to release an official book or thingy of some kind to keep all the cards, but you know... It just feels wrong to keep them all stacked inside a C.Frog box till then.

Last edited by a moderator:
By chance is anyone in the Orlando area planning to pick up any of the new frogs/cards during this time? Might I convince you to ship one? :p

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do you display your cards in any way? I'm always thinking about making an album. In the old Game Boy games, there was an album to store all the cards; the Folio Universitas. I think it is just a matter of time for Universal Studios to release an official book or thingy of some kind to keep all the cards, but you know... It just feels wrong to keep them all stacked inside a C.Frog box till then.

When I was at universal the other month, I saw they had ceramic trinket boxes in the shape of the chocolate frog box. It didn’t occur to me until now, but I wonder if the cards would fit in one of them?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When I was at universal the other month, I saw they had ceramic trinket boxes in the shape of the chocolate frog box. It didn’t occur to me until now, but I wonder if the cards would fit in one of them?

Yep! I saw them too at Universal Studios Osaka a few weeks ago, but I don't really dig it. It just provides a different place to stack all the cards, but I they're still stacked. :rolleyes

2wqr70n.jpg

This is what we are talking about. It might be the best ''official'' solution so far.

I just added a scan of Hengist card and an edited foto of Bertie Botts that will work till we got any proper scan of it.

Is anyone here going to attend the HP Celebration 2018 at Universal Studios next week? :)

Scanner is having issues but here are some photos.

Attachments

• 4829F5C1-0F8C-46D6-B769-8CFF3EEBDF5B.jpeg
    4829F5C1-0F8C-46D6-B769-8CFF3EEBDF5B.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 4,683
  • FEA81AF9-8E5E-4B91-96E1-F80FBFE0F8FF.jpeg
    FEA81AF9-8E5E-4B91-96E1-F80FBFE0F8FF.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 2,854
  • ECE1B797-CFB1-40ED-97C2-763C78796A52.jpeg
    ECE1B797-CFB1-40ED-97C2-763C78796A52.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,731
Hello there
I am a Harry Potter fan from the first hour.
And collecting frog cards, i was surprised to see that i mis some!
Like the silver en Gold ones of Albus Dumbledore, i did know that they exists, but couldn't get them nowhere for my collection.
Also the variations of card of the founders was surprising for me.
The 5 of Madrid of Spain, also i didn't now about.
So i am very happy with you're updates i have found on this website, thank you very much for that.
I am sorry for the bad English hope you understand!
Anyone who can get my collection complete i would be very great full to!
Best regards frans

New chocolate frog card announced! It's been available for a couple days from WB Studio Tour in London's website.

This time it is Jocunda Sykes, who was the first witch or wizard to make a transatlantic crossing by broom.

Jocunda-Sykes-Chocolate-Frog-Card-Feature-900x563.jpg

I'll add a scan of the card itslef as soon as I get it in a couple days.

I'm a wee bit confused here; I have nine cards (the four founders, Dumbledore, Lockhart, Hengist, Bertie Bott, and Sykes). From what I understand, cards that were made after the Spanish exhibit are smaller. But given the positions and the different backgrounds, my founders and Dumbledore cards should be pre-Madrid... except they're the same size as later cards. Can somebody help me understand? :-s

I'm a wee bit confused here; I have nine cards (the four founders, Dumbledore, Lockhart, Hengist, Bertie Bott, and Sykes). From what I understand, cards that were made after the Spanish exhibit are smaller. But given the positions and the different backgrounds, my founders and Dumbledore cards should be pre-Madrid... except they're the same size as later cards. Can somebody help me understand? :-s

I have only heard that the Madrid cards themselves were smaller. Also I am looking for ANYONE who has either the Silver Dumbledore or any of the Madrid cards and are willing to sell/trade. Also it is not clear to me if the Silver Dumbledore REMAINS available in Japan in a random pull capacity or if it is no longer available and was just a limited pull like the Gold one.

I have only heard that the Madrid cards themselves were smaller. Also I am looking for ANYONE who has either the Silver Dumbledore or any of the Madrid cards and are willing to sell/trade. Also it is not clear to me if the Silver Dumbledore REMAINS available in Japan in a random pull capacity or if it is no longer available and was just a limited pull like the Gold one.
Thanks for the answer. Does anyone know whether the keepsake box sold by the Noble Collection is compatible with the cards that come with the edible frogs?

Hey! Sorry I missed your post. Yes, only the cards of the exhibit in Madrid were not only smaller, but had a different card design and different poses for the characters and backgrounds. The cards obtainable at the moment at the Theme parks or the Studios in London are the same size and design as always.

I've recently heard that they're not selling the silver card any longer. The issue was that the golden card was announced, but not the silver one. That one was released without previous announcement and has been discontinued the same way. I think I might have duplicates of all the cards you're looking for. I'll have a look just in case.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back