Blade runner 2049 Wallace's sight drone

SpookyPancake

Sight drone...yup that's how I named them. :lol

I just made this quick render of where I am with the prop.

Wallace'sVision_v2.png

Anyone has any good info for me to make this closer to the real thing?

Quick update! Printed the front half of the drone and Oh boy it's perfect!! The size is almost too perfect (It never happens haha). I'm so happy about the results so far. To be continued...

I was watching one of the short documentaries on the blu-ray earlier this week and I think they referred to them as barracudas.

I'll be honest, once printed these things freaks me out :lol. I don't know why, but now that I know they're based on barracudas it all make sense.

@Neolun @MAJSmith
Hopefully you guys can see how cool these drones will look like after some painting :lol. I gave a small sanding to both front and back section and started to add some primer to the front one. Let me know what you guys think of it!! I still have to adjust some stuff on the model to accommodate electronics, but for the most part it's almost done! I don't know why but the picture with the ruler make it look a lot shorter and fatter then it is. :wacko
wallace (1).jpgwallace (3).jpgwallace (4).jpg

looking good, justs needs a magnet in it and a magnetic display stand, just like what Chef Heston Blumenthal does in his restaurants

Thank you guys!

It's almost done and I think I will be able to finish it by the end of this week. I want to share the model as fast has possible and maybe we can come up with a solution for the levitation together. :D

I have no clue on how these magnetic things work so maybe someone can help me out.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back