finishing my ESB Vader
413723769.jpg413723772.jpg413723773.jpg

Still adjusting my ESB Stormie
413734196.jpg

And of course my Scout trooper

I have two projects I'm currently focused on:

ESB Snowtrooper
RO Death Trooper

and started purchasing items do a Sandtrooper costume. (I haven't figured out which vendor to get the TK kit yet)

For the Snowy armor...I decided on choosing either a Dan Laws, troopmaster, or WTF Kit. I don't know yet
Hopefully I can focus on getting this one completed by SDCC 18

Here's the kit laid out.

413734032.jpg

Not too keen on the supplied plastic cowl.

Already I decided to use Marine white vinyl for the cowl.
(left over roll from my Biker scout Boots)

413734033.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Anovos Snowtrooper Hlmet kit build to Full Costume

ONE DIRTY TROOPER :D

Gonna match the costume to the hot mess of the boots

413734210.jpg

The shiny material is more accurate than the marine vinyl

i see.

I was only going to do it because I saw the vinyl was acceptable and the supplied plastic was warpped.

How do I flatten it out? Should I just buy a replacement?

Last edited:

i see.

I was only going to do it because I saw the vinyl was acceptable and the supplied plastic was warpped.

How do I flatten it out? Should I just buy a replacement?

I haven't handled the anovos material in person yet (they haven't shipped the finished helmet orders yet) but if it's like any of the other vinyls I've used, it'll eventually even itself out to a degree. It looks like yours was rolled up. The only other kit I saw, the vinyl loked like it wasn't at all, wrinkle free.

The material I use on my helmets aren't thick perse, but they're not thin and lightweight. I'd say mine is medium weight. I occasionally will store it in a bin when traveling for 501st events, where I'd stuff the cowl inside the helmet, which would result in folds or creasing. These largely disappear after awhile by keeping the helmet on its display stand, allowing the cowl to hang completely free.

Agreed.
Ive dealt with vinyls quite a bit myself(usually wrinkled and creased from shipping) and find if you just hang it up for a bit, it'll straighten itself out.
Robert

About how tall is a Snowtrooper helmet?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Got it. Thanks guys.

I've been registered in blizzardforce.com for a while (more of a lurker, at least until I began this project.)
So believe me when I say I'm glad you guys are chiming in on this.

So great news.

Last night I laid out the vinyl under a stack of books.
413734612.jpg

So the first thing I noticed, there was a significant return on the eyes

413734620.jpg

So I took a demel to it and filled it down.

I also noticed the cap of the helmet had (what I thought was warped) but turned out to be contoured to the goggles

413734619.jpg

413734614.jpg

Last edited:

The last 2 attachments aren't working

Idk about the anovos helmet, or if they mark it, but the snowtrooper helmet dome is suppose to have a "front" and a "back," where one side has a steeper, flatter curve and the other being less steep of a curve, from my experience, the steepest/ "flat" side is rhe front. Though since the anovos is based off a warped helmet, I can't say just yet.

Weird.

I’m linking all my photos through picturetrail. Same with my other thread.

Weird.

I’m linking all my photos through picturetrail. Same with my other thread.

I switched to a desktop and the other 2 images appeared after reloading it a 3rd time.

Looking at the bottom of the dome (the brow line) make sure you trim it to be as straight across the bottom as possible, as well as it being the same width around the whole thing. The helmet they built for the photos on their site, this wasn't done and the outer shroud wasn't attached properly either. Did this thing come with build instructions at all? You should be attaching the eyes/goggles last

No instructions.

I did not attach anything yet. Still doing some dryfitting. I checked the width, seems pretty consistent on mine. I’ll verify the brow trim is straight
Ive been looking through images of members on bizzardforce and movie screen caps as reference

Not really trusting Anovos.

Thanks!!!

Decided to go with Dan Laws kit. :)

Been in in contact with him.

No instructions.

I did not attach anything yet. Still doing some dryfitting. I checked the width, seems pretty consistent on mine. I’ll verify the brow trim is straight
Ive been looking through images of members on bizzardforce and movie screen caps as reference

Not really trusting Anovos.

Thanks!!!

Decided to go with Dan Laws kit. :)

Been in in contact with him.

Oh ok cool.

That's odd they wouldn't provide instructions? I think the first kit I saw on facebook, there was a sheet but oh well. It shouldn't be a difficult build, it's just a matter of making sure the parts are trimmed properly so that the all fit as they should.

If you want good helmet reference, I'd google search the the 2012 auctioned helmet, plus the one that was sold by the propstore of london. Their listing is still up w/ all the hi res photos

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back