Star Wars Card Games and others

After looking at the discussion I think the hands on the doc are fine, the Full Sabacc is called "Full" because it has 2 zero pairs AND a sylop. The regular Sabacc hand should stay, and definitely still include the Sylop.

And of course a Sylop added to any of the hands will make it better, assuming there is room for a 5th card. But for example, a Straight Staves including a Sylop would still not be as good as any of the hands above it.

Now, if you want to consider Suits in the ranking, things could get really complicated, so I think it's best to leave them out. What do you all think?

Now, if you want to consider Suits in the ranking, things could get really complicated, so I think it's best to leave them out. What do you all think?

I was mostly thinking it would serve as another tiebreaker that could be applied before the extra draw rule. Only comes into effect if there are two hands that are otherwise exactly the same value.

Another question for anyone who has playtested. What's the highest number of players that can play from one deck?

I'm trying to get an idea of how many chips I need for a table based on the distribution I have set up (40x5credit, 12/16x25credit, 5/4x100credit; 1000credit total)

Another question for anyone who has playtested. What's the highest number of players that can play from one deck?

I'm trying to get an idea of how many chips I need for a table based on the distribution I have set up (40x5credit, 12/16x25credit, 5/4x100credit; 1000credit total)

I've done a lot of play testing, and i must say the game is really fun and the rules work great. Anyways, i think a maximum of 8 players including the dealer would be fine. After all, about that many people were at the table when Han and Lando were playing Sabacc!

I was mostly thinking it would serve as another tiebreaker that could be applied before the extra draw rule. Only comes into effect if there are two hands that are otherwise exactly the same value.

I also think this would be the most natural way of playing it out. A single-suit-hand should surely beat an identical hand of "mixed suits" without applying the draw rule (which I don't like too much anyway).
The ranking of hands should be so logical and consistent that there's practically no need applying the draw-rule. It should stay in the rules, of course! But only to be applied in very rare occasions.

Guys, although I'm sure this was never in question, I just wanted to point out that the canonicity of the Rebels/Anaheim version of sabacc is reaffirmed in the Star Wars Annual 2019. (It's not supposed to be out yet, but can be obtained via Amazon.de). Having a version of this one too would definitely be nice.

Sabacc (Annual) 1.jpgSabacc (Annual) 2.jpg

Currently developing rules to Pazaak played with the 62 card Sabacc deck. Will type up my notes in the morning and share them with you all!

Can't wait to hear your thoughts

IB

I'm actually designing a Sabacc deck as well that will be for Sabacc, Spike, and Pazaak. What I was going to do is each player has their own deck of 23 cards. You would shuffle each other's decks and then swap. Then deal yourself 10 cards. Then you would pick 4 from the 10 to play with.

Here are the rules for Pazaak my friend and I blocked out last night, I think the game plays quite well.

Let me know what you think!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MAyTZ8dS2OjXuQtwwhl_DKYoKCuZx8yVpxW2kb0_MjQ/edit?usp=sharing

The only problem with this is that pazaak hand deck cars don't go over the value of 6,-6, + / - 6 and then you have special cars that flip the sign of twos and fours, threes and sixes, you have a tiebreaker card, and you have a doubles card.

That's why the deck that I'm designing is going to have 86 cards. 40 for the table deck. 23 for each player to have a random hand deck delt. The cars will also be valued for traditional sabacc. Saying how it uses 76 cards. do you know the college would be the special cars that I mentioned for pazaak and would be removed while playing Sabacc. also the cars would have a value on them for corellian Spike

Last edited:
The only problem with this is that pazaak hand deck cars don't go over the value of 6,-6, + / - 6 and then you have special cars that flip the sign of twos and fours, threes and sixes, you have a tiebreaker card, and you have a doubles card.

That's why the deck that I'm designing is going to have 86 cards. 40 for the table deck. 23 for each player to have a random hand deck delt. The cars will also be valued for traditional sabacc. Saying how it uses 76 cards. do you know the college would be the special cars that I mentioned for pazaak and would be removed while playing Sabacc. also the cars would have a value on them for corellian Spike

Right, I understand with a full Pazaak deck you have a variety of +/- cards, flip 2s and 4s cards, tiebreaker cards, etc.

This set of rules was developed to be played with the cards I had, being 62 Sabacc cards. My aim is to basically to streamline down some of the aspects of the game i.e side decks provided by the player, maybe even the flip cards; the deck quickly becomes rather large and crowded, in my opinion. I'm trying to be true to the spirit of the game.

And anyway, I'm sure the game has changed a little bit since the Old Republic :lol it's a work in progress, I'm going to start working on some cards I think based off the Dead Man's Binspo/TFA Sabacc cards. I'm rambling, but I like the idea that one deck of cards can be used for multiple games (like a real deck of poker cards).

IB

The same. I also wanted a full Sabacc deck so I decided to work on one that would do all 3. Who knows....I might do a few different rules with the deck too and call it something different and it could be a Sabacc Variant. I plan on having dice made with it and maybe some betting chips/tokens.

TB-7021, any chance you could provide the measurements of the cards? A coworker of mine has an idea for another style of deck box.

Last edited by a moderator:
@TB-7021, any chance you could provide the measurements of the cards? A coworker of mine has an idea for another style of deck box.
In TB's project run thread, the first post has the card dimensions listed.

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone here have a high quality versions of each card face and the back? I’m wanting to make my own Sabaac cards and I don’t wanna go through the trouble of making my own cards if I don’t have to.

Downloaded Solo last night on digital and one of the features was on Fort Ypso and they had a small segment on Sabacc. I was gonna post the screen shot I took, but I forgot Apple doesn’t let you screenshot iTunes purchases so I will need to get a pic when I’m home. But it did offer a breakdown on the hierarchy of winning hands.

Hey, @TB-7021, @Muddler and the others. Here's something from the latest replica journal Tales from Vandor that's relevant to your interests. :)
View attachment 842978View attachment 842979

Wow! That's really cool! Thanks so much for posting this!
I'd never have hoped for anything close to official coming up on Corellian Spike. And this sounds really interesting! Surprisingly it's different enough from the Hasbro Cardgame and could still be matching the movie! (Will be watching these scenes very closely anyway as soon as the DVD gets out...)

Only thing that feels a little odd is the Idiot's Array. While I like that it's being included, just keeping the standard values seems out of place for Corellian Spike.

But will definetely try it out! :D

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back