Star Wars Card Games and others

My game arrived today. Not exactly what I expected.

The cards are very flimsy, so there is still room for good replica cards.

The rules don't look familiar to me. This deck is different to the deck that was featured in the Rebels episode. Also, we've already seen some cards in the trailers and spots that do not appear in this Hasbro card game.

SabaccRules01.JPGSabaccRules02.JPGSabaccRules03.JPGSabaccRules04.JPG

Alright, guys, I've done some analyzing. This is what the complete Hasbro deck looks like.

- two blue cards are zero
- three times 1 to 10 in positive (green) and three times 1 to 10 in negative (red)

SabaccOverviewHasbro.JPG

There are three sets of positive and negative cards from 1 to 10. Circles, triangles and squares are the only shapes we've seen so far. Is it likely that there is;
Squares 1 to 10 in positive
Squares 1 to 10 in negative
Circles 1 to 10 in positive
Circles 1 to 10 in negative
Triangles 1 to 10 in positive
Triangles 1 to 10 in negative

We've seen the zero cards in official artwork. So we can assume there are two of them in the movie? Not sure if these cards are colour-on-white or white-on-colour, that's why I've added the cards to my overview in a lower opacity.

All "confirmed" cards are in 100% opacity. There probably is a positive card for every negative card, so I've added those in a lower opacity.

What do we call the face cards (the jacks, queens and kings)? Cog, Star, Rancor thingie? I don't know, looks like a Rancor head maybe :p

Only numbers 3, 4, 5 and 6 appeared so far. Are the face cards numbers 8,9 and 10? Is there a 1 card or might a Ace card pop up later?

SabaccWIP.PNG

Conclusion; It's possible that the cards in the Hasbro deck are correct. If so, I don't know what value belongs to what face card.

What do you all think of this? Could I be on to something?

Dont know how i missed this thread! I posted over on the FB page regarding the new cards. I plan to pick up the Hasbro game and "upgrade"....maybe print more film accurate cards, 3D print better "chips", ect.

Post-release progress. Almost there! Only need to see 5 more cards so I can finish it and start printing a complete deck.

View attachment 819593

I will totally be willing to review your first printed deck for you... ya know just to let you know how they play ha ha. I've been following along and figuring out a "real world" version of the game rules utilizing what's been already covered in the "universe" and what the Official Card Game rules are.

Thanks all! I've actually done a test print already. It's quite expensive because of the custom shape. So I'll keep looking for a better way to print.

Since the Visual Dictionary confirmed that a deck consists of 62 cards, the game as seen in the new Hasbro game is pretty close to the movie except for the gambling part. We could make a variation on the existing rules to make it playable.

I'll probably have a complete deck finished in two weeks. Then I'll be doing a small run.

I'm aiming for good quality playing cards. I did test prints with textured paper, but that would triple the cost and production time.

Wow! That's just awesome! Fantastic how you recreated all the symbols from the few glimpes we got so far!
If you're really starting a run, I'd love to be in!

Still got some questions / thoughts on the colors:

1.) Your cardback seems to be blue and green. The Hasbro cardgame, movie stills and the pix from the Visual Dictionary all seem to indicate that the cardback should be rather brown with orange... Did I miss something? Or is there solid reason for the color-scheme?

(Also found this picture online:)
Zb7Nbir.jpg

2.) The "Zeroes": In the movie Han addresses the card winning the final game as "This green Sylop" (if I remember correctly). I just think that it would be a little strange to have two green ones. I know, in the cardgame by Hasbro there are two similar zeros in blue. But my thought was: if in "Solo's world" all Sylops are green, why not simply say "This Sylop"? Maybe there should be one in green and one in red. This would be more symmetric (same number of green and red cards). Of course it would be even more logical if the Sylops would be a complete different color. But as we know, one is definetely green.
So this is a point I'd like to hear your comments on.

3.) I don't know if this has any official basis, but there's also this virtual set of Sabacc-Cards as special token in the game "Roblox". And there is one card that shows a complete different design.

PEfiH5C.png
So, I guess many questions could only be answered once we get a grab on the DVD and get some useable stills...

But as I said: Your cards look great and I'd be in for a run!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back