The "Cars" that made us....

Re: The "Cars" that made us....

Thank you, sir. I've owned many Corvettes over the years, but this one is on a completely different level. :thumbsup

I now know which car I will get if I win the lottery. They have changed the law here in Australia that made you convert all left hand drive cars to right hand drive if you wanted to use them on the roads, you can imagine the cost involved with that. Now its not a problem.

I now know which car I will get if I win the lottery. They have changed the law here in Australia that made you convert all left hand drive cars to right hand drive if you wanted to use them on the roads, you can imagine the cost involved with that. Now its not a problem.

I think you'd be very happy with the choice. This new generation of 'Vettes can finally compete on the world stage which is something past generations could not do. They have always been fast, but this one is definitely the fastest car I've ever had....it's essentially like strapping yourself to the front of a rocket. :lol

Cars that got my attention as a teen ...

Bullitt '68 Mustang GT

w4hh6of40jglfw7629tj.png

also Bullitt '68 Charger R/T

who-doesnt-love-a-500-hp-68-char.jpg

Dirty Mary Crazy Larry '69 Charger R/T

dff00dea42f6b3ac1cc021b4444816e6.jpg

Phantasm ‘Cuda

3b70fd6c25a31add94ae93f5325583df.jpg

Thank you, sir. I've owned many Corvettes over the years, but this one is on a completely different level. :thumbsup

This is my go to rental when I go out of town for fun. I might pickup one in the future for the stable and yes, its the best bang for the buck on the international stage.

This is my go to rental when I go out of town for fun. I might pickup one in the future for the stable and yes, its the best bang for the buck on the international stage.

I got a new Stingray right when the C7 came out and decided to upgrade to the Z06 last summer. It goes without saying that extra 200 horsepower makes quite a difference. ;)

I got a new Stingray right when the C7 came out and decided to upgrade to the Z06 last summer. It goes without saying that extra 200 horsepower makes quite a difference. ;)

Boy I bet! I rent a stock C7 and it will smoke my Ferrari and 911 any day. But at my age, Im looking at resale value over 'WhooHoo" value.

Ohhh baby. What are you upgrading?
It has a new 3.73 posi (came with a 2.73). Put subframe connectors on. Had a 2004R tranny built, and an (880 block) 350 built for it right now. It currently has the original 350 that has some 350-400k on it. You wouldn't know though. Runs so strong I almost feel bad about replacing it, but it's kinda now or never. It also has a Pioneer with Bluetooth, Pandora, Sirius and all that, plus one of the Viper alarms with two way fob, remote start, door actuators, etc.

I've replaced so much in the last few years that it's almost a new car again. Cosmetic wise, here it is a few years ago;
2303d1489413a0214afc37f8a605cc17.jpg

Last edited:

On topic, I like extremes. I feel like my car is somewhere between the two. Ok, maybe a little more Herbie, but don't tell it that.
a8f0ee89b68ef202cc9d707364316353.jpg
f9c35e22383e893cafe9c8b9d330178b.jpg

Last edited:
It has a new 3.73 posi (came with a 2.73). Put subframe connectors on. Had a 2004R tranny built, and an (880 block) 350 built for it right now. It currently has the original 350 that has some 350-400k on it. You wouldn't know though. Runs so strong I almost feel bad about replacing it, but it's kinda now or never. I've replaced so much in the last few years that it's almost a new car again. Cosmetic wise, here it is a few years ago;
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180118/2303d1489413a0214afc37f8a605cc17.jpg

It sure stands out among those cookie cutter modern designs surrounding it. Very nice.

It sure stands out among those cookie cutter modern designs surrounding it. Very nice.
I live some 400 miles from Disneyland and it has been there quite a few times. Over the years, it gets more and more attention on the freeway on the way down. Thumbs ups, waves and such. Hard to believe, but it was a white trash car when I got it. People laughed at it, especially other Camaro owners. Nobody laughs now.

In the 150k I've put on it, it's only not gotten me where I was going once. That was about 4 years ago when the original starter died, and I was 7 miles from home. I'm very attached to this car. When it's done with the upgrades, I'll probably make a long, mushy post about it.

In fact they picked a '76 for Bumblebee because they wanted to use "the worst Camaro ever made" and contrast it against the new Camaro used in the movie. Time and perspective changes everything.

Cool car. Definitely a keeper. And still affordable enough to maintain that you can drive it a lot.

I read that GM/Chevy had suggested a '69 Camaro for the "before" version of Bumblebee and the filmmakers nixed the idea as too implausible. Even they recognized that there are no cheap throwaway '69 Camaros in the 21st century.

These days any car old enough to be RWD and not all plastic is looking pretty classic.

"The Love Bug" is one of those movies where a bunch of weaker sequels have made people forget how good the original was. It wasn't aiming very high but it delivered on everything it promised to.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back