The "Cars" that made us....

1990 300zx- saw a commercial for one when I was 10 years old and knew one day I would have to have one.

Found a great deal on one that needed some work when I was 22 fixed it up made some modifications of my own and had it for 13 years
I learned how to work on cars with this one.
Gave me a good many skills I still use for prop and costume making
Met my wife cause I was in a car club with her brother

This is the last pic I took of it before selling it.

PVxSMFwl.jpg

The money I got for it went into building a shop and filling it with tools so that me and my daughter could build costumes and props and plenty of other art/home projects together.

1990 300zx- saw a commercial for one when I was 10 years old and knew one day I would have to have one.

Found a great deal on one that needed some work when I was 22 fixed it up made some modifications of my own and had it for 13 years
I learned how to work on cars with this one.
Gave me a good many skills I still use for prop and costume making
Met my wife cause I was in a car club with her brother

This is the last pic I took of it before selling it.

https://i.imgur.com/PVxSMFwl.jpg

The money I got for it went into building a shop and filling it with tools so that me and my daughter could build costumes and props and plenty of other art/home projects together.
My Dad worked for a Dodge/Datsun dealership back in the day. Drove home a Datson 280ZX just like that brown one.. I loved it.Datsun_280ZX_SeriesI_vs_SeriesII.jpg

I still get weak in the knees when I see classic muscle cars. As a youth born in 75 it was Dukes of Hazzard and Mad Max for me as a kid, all the time...I just fell in love with the aggressiveness of the muscle car.

Of course, there's the Trans Am also, Smokey and the Bandit...mmmmm. Definitely after the classic mucle era, but whatever. It's a beaut.

In reverse order i'd say.....

Wheels and Roadie from Pole Position
Inspector Gadgets Gadget Mobile....Cartoon... not the film
The car from Black Moon Rising
Automans Lambo
66 Batmobile
Faces C4 Corvette
The A Team van
Herbie
BTTF Delorean
Bonds Aston Martin DB5
Bonds Lotus Esprit
89 Batmobile
The General Lee

And of course...the winner is...K.I.T.T.

So much so... I had to own him

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/f...IN3HaUMWqE5Pv4hmpjikGjlEcFGEDbE0zSmrpKNg6rCMA

Sorry...still having issues posting pictures.

I'm sure you're probably racist if you liked that show now...

Awww, cut Dukes some slack. It was a cheap TV show selling toys to kids 35 years ago. They didn't intend to be controversial at the time. If the car was first invented today it wouldn't have that flag on it.

Last edited:
Always loved gone in 60 seconds, though the car flying st the end was cgi, they performed the stunt, not just launching off the ramp, but also landing, if my memory serves me correct 2 cars were totaled and the one we see in the film barely made it. The landing is from a 6 ft jump, can’t seem to find that photo but the camera men were hiding under the ram

I also forgot the weight springs they put int the coils... total control suspension was the mastermind for the suspension setup.. when this sucker lands you can see it looks like they installed a 4x4 system in it the struts and shocks were so tall

6753f6a4d178c107ea9065503db33dd6.jpg

From what I've heard & read, Total Control did the setups for the Mustangs that handled well. The jump cars may have been them too but I'm not sure. Jumpers tend to be sacrificial and crude in Hollywood. Rollcages that fill the whole interior, stock suspensions with extra shocks/coils added, ballast weight mounted inside the trunk, etc.

One of the landing shots in the DVD extras was done from a platform like 8 or 10 feet up. They clearly wiped out that car.

From what I've heard & read, Total Control did the setups for the Mustangs that handled well. The jump cars may have been them too but I'm not sure. Jumpers tend to be sacrificial and crude in Hollywood. Rollcages that fill the whole interior, stock suspensions with extra shocks/coils added, ballast weight mounted inside the trunk, etc.

One of the landing shots in the DVD extras was done from a platform like 8 or 10 feet up. They clearly wiped out that car.

I remember that! The first attempt it lands, loses control and hits the jersey barrier!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back