Marvel Legends Namor into Island Green Arrow

Fly4v

Sr Member
Marvel Legends has recently released a new Namor the Submariner and thankfully I had one on pre-order before the post-release price jumped up by $10.

Except for the Mercury wings on the ankles and gold brackets, it is a great buck for custom figures.

I had originally planned to bash Namor with two pack Hydra Soldier but TRU has long been cleaned out of their exclusive release.

- - - Updated - - -

I re-evaluated the cost to get the Hyrda soldier pack and decided to make the Island outfit like a vintage GI Joe figure.

I shaved down the bracelet on his right arm, painted the left to look like leather and cut off the ankle wings.

The arrows and bow are from an old DC Collectibles Oliver with Island Totem.

Eventually, I plan to make a Green Arrow 2046.

After seeing the figure, I was conflicted if I would paint the eyes and shave the beard and have a Yao Fei or keep with my original plan of an Oliver Queen.

I went with repainting the beard and hair for an Island Oliver.

I went back and scraped off the excess paint along the hair line.
It was interesting to discover that the head is two pieces. The flesh tone face and then black molded hair.

Byron Mann is 5′ 11″ while Stephen Amell is 6' 1".
If the figure was going to be by himself. I'd have probably kept Yao Fei but the Namor figure is too tall.

Edit: The subject of heights, Captain America (Chris Evans) 6' 0" but Earth 2 Flash Jay Garrick (Teddy Sears) is supposed to be 6' 4". It is the Flash that is too short.

Last edited:
I also went back and painted the limbs on the bow black.
The bow had silver limbs.

Here is the finished figure. I really wanted a good arrow figure and like his first appearance.
DC/Mattel figures unfortunately are awful next to Marvel/Hasbro and there isn't an Island Arrow figure.
While DC Collectibles aren't that bad but they are 7 inch figures and still have the horrid hip joints that ruin the aesthetics of the sculpt when posed .

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back