Custom Hot Toys First Order Stormtrooper MMS 317

derrickzanni333

A simple modification I made to my first order stormtrooper that enhanced its articulation, something that was severely hindered. What was first done was the removal of the arm and leg armor, which is fairly simple to do, just turn and pull. After that comes the sligjty deatructible part. For the waist piece there is a seam at the side that is held on by a piece of black rubbery tape. Take an exacto blade and cut that, be gentle to not cut into the costume. DO NOT CUT BOTH SIDES. After one side is cut, carefully slip it off. This goes for the chest piece as well, but only cut at the sides of the armor and not the backplate. After undoing the glue on the sides, pry it open and work it over the arms and neck. Same process. After that is done, unzip the body glove and take it off. It is a little tight at first, be patient with it. After this is taken off you'll notice that there is a fat suit and padding on the elbow joints. That is the culprit for the hindered articulation. On the back there is stitching on the fat suit, cut down the stitching and remove the fat suit. As for the padding on the arms, they are held in place with tape than can be easily removed through cutting it vertically. After this, slap all the armor and body glove on, and your articulation is vastly improved! The trooper will be able to make a little over 90° bends in the arms and overall be easier to work with.
596bf4a5eaf3c39b0bd5d9ba86a85ac0.jpg
08f12f2ce9b0c4be906f19b720d91475.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Ahhh, pretty sneaky. Why the heck what they put a fat suit in there?
All I can think of is to give it a bulky appearance?makes no sense since its covered in armor. As for the arms, its probably to prevent the arm joints from pinching the rubber section. On the flip side, you can find these guys on ebay dirt cheap. Bought it for 135 on ebay.

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back