Question for Original series Star Trek Transporter build

Quick2

Hi all. I am hoping you can answer a question concerning the round diameter of the Fresnel Lens of the transporter pad they stand on in the TV series? How many inches? I want to build a 2 man transporter pad and I am looking for 2 Fresnel lens or something similar like a studio light cover and has the same look of one that you can stand on . please share your thoughts or links to where to purchase the lens. The size diameter needs to be correct or very close to. I hope you can also point me to a person who could make replica pads. Thanks in advance.

I know the thickness can be 1/8 inch to 1/4 inch. 18 inch diameter? 22 inch? I just do not want to break it if I stand on it.

Allan​

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all. I am hoping you can answer a question concerning the round diameter of the Fresnel Lens of the transporter pad they stand on in the TV series? How many inches? I want to build a 2 man transporter pad and I am looking for 2 Fresnel lens or something similar like a studio light cover and has the same look of one that you can stand on . please share your thoughts or links to where to purchase the lens. The size diameter needs to be correct or very close to. I hope you can also point me to a person who could make replica pads. Thanks in advance.

I know the thickness can be 1/8 inch to 1/4 inch. 18 inch diameter? 22 inch? I just do not want to break it if I stand on it.

Allan​

You might want to ask
Sound Illumination​
in Eugene about replacement lenses for theater and movie production equipment about the cost and availability. The original lenses were from Mole Richardson studio lights owned by the studio if I remember correctly. The cost of the replacement lenses is fairly high.

Last edited by a moderator:
Older projection tv’s had them, if you didn’t mind cutting out your own circles. Weren’t the lenses under some kind of grate in the transporters ?

was including the metallic piece ring around it? or did that piece fit on the lens and still made it 20 inch diameter with Metallic ring? Thanks in advance

The originals were Mole-Richardson 10K Solarspot Fresnel lens with a diameter of 20 inches.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back