Sontaran costume help!

msm2v1

Hi folks.

I am trying to make a Sontaran costume for a Dr Who Convention next year. I am struggling to locate the files for the Helmet and Body which doesnt use 4share as I have had problems with their software/web site.

Many thanks

No foam build that I'm aware of. But hopefully the paper file can be converted to foam. It's been done before, but it's not a skill that I have, sorry.

I'm working on a Sontaran too, tried to go down the pepakura route, but found the files available ridiculously out of scale. So I learnt how to pull the 3D model myself from the same Doctor who game the pep files were from, and made my own Pepakura files of the entire suit and scaled correctly to the actor Christopher Ryan's height measurements..........

...... Sadly working via this method also didn't work for me... I also converted my pep files to Foam, and sadly...... This didn't work for me either...

So I bite the bullet and contacted the man himself who made the suit, Neill Gorton the head of Millennium FX.

Surprisingly, he actually responded to my message and very openly explained the method behind how they created the suit. Realising I was working on a budget, he also explained in great detail how to replicate the look of the costume on a budget.... I have to say.. His advice was most welcome and I'm happy with how this project is working out so far.

LOL... Blaxmyth "persistence?" I've been working on this project "ON/OFF" for the past 6 years... LMAO :lol::lol::lol:

I dread to think how much money and time I've invested on this little project over the years, but I honestly couldn't have gotten as far as I have without the help from various friends who have had the opportunity to do some Prosthetic courses, run my Millennium FX and have had the chance to work with the original moulds for the New Era Sontarans and have forwarded to me photos of those moulds, and casts from those moulds that sadly I am prohibited to share on the internet....... Having said that.. I do run a secret group on Facebook, where I share all my research (Minus the pics I'm prohibited from sharing) as well as the build diaries, and any construction videos on my work in progress... Something that will be shared publicly once I've "nailed" how to create a certain piece..... I wouldn't want anyone following and repeating my mistakes on this build.

I so can't wait to complete this project as it's been a long time since I began it...... as Far as I'm aware, I'm the only one to have reached this level of detail, and I'm hoping lots will learn from me and maybe even improve on what I have done, and hopefully share their improvements so other can follow........ as I'm learning as I go on this project, it gives me ideas and interest in sculpting a Xenomorph costume as a future project.

I finished adding the detailing and then gave a misting of Metallic Sky Blue spray over the top to give it the Metallic look that the original costume has.... Sadly, the light misting was pretty heavy in places, but from a distance you don't notice it..... Certainly appears fine in these photo's..

Hi there - can you let me know the diameter of the outer neck ring? I am trying to source a dome for my Sontar helmet and I am trying to figure out the specs? would it be a diameter of 18 inches?

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back