DO3D Ironman MK3 extensive build

peterquill

EMZ1tzz.jpg

Here goes, im starting an extensive ironman MK3 3dprinted build project, i will be building this as a wearable and display piece, and building in various electronic elements,
i figure i will print the whole suit before any smoothing\finishing\painting

i am also going to be putting together a more comprehensive build diary with tips&techniques,tutorials

i have my 3d printer ready, i have do3d's ironman mk3
and i have had a delivery of 8kgs of black printing filament ( thats 8 rolls of 1kg reels )

v72yGIb.jpg

RiAxswo.jpg

that should take care of any failed prints along the way :)

im now onto cutting up the large pieces to fit the printbed which will take some time, using meshmixer for this,

Will be subscribing, after trying various MKIII files I think I will bite the bullet and buy Do3D's version as well. Looking forward to seeing your progress!

Cool! I’ve been eyeing a couple of their 3D files too. Looking forward to your build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Subscribed.

Did they change the hand palms? The one they show on their website is incorrect. Also it's a shame they didn't incorporate actuated flaps and hinged feet in the model.

May I ask how much they charged for this? Do3d are notoriously inconsistent with their pricing.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice, looking forward to following your build. I have their MK45 files, though my build is going extremely slowly.

Subscribed.

Mine too.

a little update, just scratching the surface, but slowly making progress, i have a few pieces print ready,
i want to get a few more done, and hopefully start printing next week.
CtT9DrU.jpg

GOIm6an.jpg

0j58yOV.jpg

Subscribed.<br>
<br>
Did they change the hand palms? The one they show on their website is incorrect. Also it's a shame they didn't incorporate actuated flaps and hinged feet in the model.<br>
<br>
May I ask how much they charged for this? Do3d are notoriously inconsistent with their pricing.<br>

Mine too.

hi,
i havent had a chance to check the hands yet, you are right about the flight flaps as they seem to have gone awol, :unsure, i have let do3d know about this and they are looking at it, i intend on making these motorised when i get to it but i do have a mountain of other stuff to do first,
the boots look ok, it should be easy enough to incorporate a hinge mech,
unfortunately i cant discuss pricing as per do3d policy rules,

thanks for looking
<br>Nice, looking forward to following your build. I have their MK45 files, though my build is going extremely slowly.<br>
<br>
Subscribed.
<br>Cool! I’ve been eyeing a couple of their 3D files too. Looking forward to your build.
<br>Keen to see how the Do3d files go. Subscribed
<br>Will be subscribing, after trying various MKIII files I think I will
bite the bullet and buy Do3D's version as well. Looking forward to
seeing your progress!
thanks all, enjoy the show

a little update,
not had the chance yet to get anything printed,
but i do have a recent acquisition i was lucky enough to get hold of,

here he is,:)

PMyUGsx.jpg

ruaLgiP.jpg

the next update he will have his arms on,

Following. I'm really interested as I am in the process of printing their (DO3D) Iron Man MK46. So far the biggest tip I can give is the files are VERY small...you would need a supermodel waist to fit them! I think I have printed 2-3 suits worth of parts already as I "trial and error" my way to a suit that is symmetrical but fits! Best of luck...I'll be listening in!

I have heard the same thing and I do plan on buying the MKIII files from them soon. My suggestion would be to start with the waist and abs and work up from there. From what I have seen from other threads doing it that way ensures you will fit into it and avoid having to resize everything further down the line. that is the path I plan to take once I get to printing this suit. Looking forward to updates.

I have heard the same thing and I do plan on buying the MKIII files from them soon. My suggestion would be to start with the waist and abs and work up from there. From what I have seen from other threads doing it that way ensures you will fit into it and avoid having to resize everything further down the line. that is the path I plan to take once I get to printing this suit. Looking forward to updates.
You could use a program called makehuman where you enter in your measurements and it saves a model (virtual mannequin) then bring your iron man files and makehuman model into the same program and place the suit on the makehuman model. Its what i did and have had no issues so far bar the helment was small for my head.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

thanks for the tips guys, im thinking the abs is probably the best part to start with, which is what im going to do, i'm a slender frame myself, but looking at the abs and checking its size, i dont think i will fit as is,
(even if i did i'd need some room to breathe;)) i at least want it to be a little comfortable
so im going to increase the size slightly and print, and then rescale everything to that,

Interested to see how yours turns out, I'm also currently working on a MK iii suit. I got my files from Nikko Industries. Would like to see the differences in the files. I wish mine had the flaps as well, that would really make it stand out. I'm modifying the files slightly to give it a little more movement but we'll see how it progresses.. Cant wait to see more of your stuff.

hi all, sorry theres no major updates yet,

i not long finished printing my mk45 helmet and then the thermalcouple on the printer failed,:(

at the moment ive been tinkering with the electronics thats going in it,
lights, servos, and sound module,

next update might be a while
i am still on it, even if its at a snails pace,:)

l2XqYgR.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back