Was this an OT saber or a replica?

thd9791

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I have my own picture request, so I don't hijack the other thread. From that same ESPN special: The Evolution of the Lightsaber Duel

Mark H held two lightsabers that day. A Graflex... and this.

Screen Shot 2018-01-09 at 8.26.06 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-01-09 at 8.37.15 PM.png

Did someone say nipple?!?!

Sure does look like a nipple on that emitter...

I’m willing to bet this a replica... along with the graflex he was holding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m still definitely seeing a hole when it’s on his lap, the shadows match the emitter plate.. can anyone do some edit magic and help me out? :D

Mark has said in several interviews going back to the 1980s that they gave him one of the Luke lightsabers and he has it at his house, but he’s never said which version and I don’t think he’s ever shown a photo of it.

When I first became obsessed with Luke's ROTJ right after seeing the movie, I had three things I stared at constantly so I could draw pics of it-- the famous Sail Barge image, the illustrated poster where it's just a hand holding the saber, and an image from my mom's People Magazine of Mark Hamill with his son on his lap. It was black and white, and his son was holding a lightsaber. I specifically remember the nipple because having zero of the knowledge I have now I recall my aunt saying lightsabers were "camera flash handles."

Pictured what were basically rods on the back of a big old camera that you held it by. Not unlike how a Graflex is connect-- but picture two of them, on the back side of a camera. That's what my kid-brain pictured, and when I saw the nipple in that image at the time I thought "Ah! That must be the button you push to take the picture."

I've tried to find that photo many times, but have had no luck.

That’s the ‘kid sized’ saber the prop team made for Nathan as a gift. Mark has said he has one of the ones he used, one of the real prop ones.

That’s the ‘kid sized’ saber the prop team made for Nathan as a gift. Mark has said he has one of the ones he used, one of the real prop ones.

I realize that, but sometimes people's memories can be funny. Especially when its something we saw as a kid.

This wasn't the photo I was thinking of-- but it could have easily been from this shoot, and that could have been the saber he had.

I'm surprised thd9791 hasn't built that thing yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to re-bump this thread to see if any new folks have any information. That last attachment looks like it has a split upper neck, like an old stunt saber, but it has the brass of the hero, with a silver booster. No nipple.

This one has really bothered me Tom, I wish we knew more about it

But wasn’t it confirmed to be a 100% replica?

Didn’t someone know the guys involved in the documentary?

If it's an original it looks like another stunt cast dressed up as a hero.

Or it's a v2 replica they had in hand and finished it as a hero.

But wasn’t it confirmed to be a 100% replica?

Didn’t someone know the guys involved in the documentary?

never heard this yet, I may have missed something if it's the case.

It seems to have details that no replica has, the split colored neck for starters

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back