those night vision goggles from jurassic park

zuzus

does anyone know of anyone who has made those cool night vision goggles in jurrasic park in the scene where they are in the automated jeeps and the T-rex escapes? i would love to build my own but dont have a clue what bits to aquire.

Re: thos night vision goggles from jurrasic park

does anyone know of anyone who has made those cool night vision goggles in jurrasic park in the scene where they are in the automated jeeps and the T-rex escapes? i would love to build my own but dont have a clue what bits to aquire.

This request comes up from time to time, and with all the interest, it never gets off the ground... :unsure

This project comes up about once a year. I've posted some 30 odd screen caps for this project 3 times in the past.

I finally nuked them from my hard drive about 2 months ago as this project never gets past the "could somebody post screen caps" stage and I got tired of them eating valuable disk space.

I'd love to finally see this prop materialize, but I'm not holding my breath.

-Fred

Okeedokey. Is anyone going to tackle these??

Bump of an old thread.

Brad

Does anyone know if that model NVG even exists? Anything close?

It's a shame the old threads have disappeared, it'd save time answering questions here. As it is don't expect much from the old members, as Gigatron says it comes up periodically and people have pretty much given up on it. Unless some of the new people can contribute new info this thread probably won't go anywhere.

I've actually got a foam core body that I started on as a base, but was distracted b the Ghostbuster Video Game stuff. I can always go right back to it!

Here's a thread I started, has some decent info. I just never have time to work on them much.

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=29205

GogglePrints.jpg

0016.jpg

0014.jpg

0012.jpg

0000.jpg

props3.jpg

nightvision2.jpg

nightvision1.jpg

wow, thats weird..I was watching jurassic park last night, and wondered if any-one was able to make these

Looking at the 'Whats on your work bench' thread, looks like at least somebody is working on a sculpt:
http://www.therpf.com/showpost.php?p=1030579&postcount=572

That would be me. It's still an early sculpt, but half of the shape is now worked out. Once I finish the yellow lens base I will just need to work on the lenses themselves. I couldn't find the lenses in the real world, so I will be fabricating them.

Taking it slow for accuracies sake.

That would be me. It's still an early sculpt, but half of the shape is now worked out. Once I finish the yellow lens base I will just need to work on the lenses themselves. I couldn't find the lenses in the real world, so I will be fabricating them.

Taking it slow for accuracies sake.

Will you be offering these as a kit after that? I am so in on that if so!

Brad

Will you be offering these as a kit after that? I am so in on that if so!

Brad

I certainly hope to. I will make sure to post new progress as it's made. Though at the moment I am working on finishing up my Stargate Ribbon Device project, so haven't been able to do any new sculpting since the last photos.

I won't take as much time as JP4 is though :lol

to put my two cents in, I'd love to see more progress on this, other than the quite obvious hard hat like straps (reminds me of the ones from heavy machinery face shields or welding masks) can anyone identify the other bits or was it all custom fabbed for the movie?

to put my two cents in, I'd love to see more progress on this, other than the quite obvious hard hat like straps (reminds me of the ones from heavy machinery face shields or welding masks) can anyone identify the other bits or was it all custom fabbed for the movie?
The lenses look like they could be from a binocular (stereo) microscope.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back