Terminator 2 - John Connor's "Public Enemy" T-Shirt

BTTFSpencer

Sr Member
Has anybody found a good source for acquiring an accurate replica, or does this one still need to be done?

edward-furlong-and-terminator-2-judgment-day-gallery.jpg

I'd just scour knockoff merch until you find one with the correct placement. Official merchandise won't do it, since John's is definitely bootleg. A genuine license would have the front logo slant at a more extreme angle. The centre bar on John's seems to be too narrow too. I figure you have been down these avenues a fair bit already though, yeah?

Sourcing accurately inaccurate bootleg merch, that's an interesting conundrum. Maybe you could redbubble it.

Source: 30 years enjoying Public Enemy.

Substance edit: I can't confirm which of the two possible designs would have been on the back, which we don't see in the movie, however; These PE shirts have the "man in target" logo on the back, there's a round logo and another version which is the same logo inside a square. I'd expect the back logo to be the squared one as this was more usual for the black shirts, but I haven't actually seen the back of the screen used.

I remember this being confirmed in a making of interview, basically it was a costume pun that John both literally and figuratively has a target on his back.

Up to you if this matters or not, but thought I'd mention it.

Last edited:
Thank you for your very informative reply. More food for thought here. I'm not a graphic designer, I have very little ability in that area, so I would not be able to make T-Shirts myself. Finding a good replica is the way to go. I'd like to grab the military shirt that he wears throughout the film too, at least I have the code for that. Replicas are sometimes the better options to go with when it comes to cosplay, you know for sure it's clean and brand new that way.

I appreciate this is an old thread, but I've only just come back to this site. I hope you don't mind me resurrecting the post.

I have original costume notes for T2, so when I'm home in a few days I can look into what the notes say for the Public Enemy t-shirt. It may just be a case of how many t-shirts they had in various states for various scenes, and not exact details of manufacture. I can't remember what's in the paperwork bundle. But I'm home on Monday.

I appreciate this is an old thread, but I've only just come back to this site. I hope you don't mind me resurrecting the post.

I have original costume notes for T2, so when I'm home in a few days I can look into what the notes say for the Public Enemy t-shirt. It may just be a case of how many t-shirts they had in various states for various scenes, and not exact details of manufacture. I can't remember what's in the paperwork bundle. But I'm home on Monday.

You worked on T2??

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back