X-Files, Season 11, Thoughts?

Apollo

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So the show premiered last week and not a peep on this board

Was it as bad as I have heard?

Very much looking forward to seeing it...I`ve heard that it has raised some "ire". Not bothered about any spoilers personally.

This is the final, final season yes?

So the show premiered last week and not a peep on this board

Was it as bad as I have heard?

I think a lot of folks felt burned after the last season, so they're not bothering with this one. I enjoyed the last season, till the last couple. Out of respect, I'll not post any spoilers.

This first episode will definitely be an issue for some people, & I'm going to have to see how it plays out, since this is the definite last season, before I decide how I feel about it.

Pretty sure the "first " episode was just a damn reshow of last seasons LAST episode !?!! pretty disappointed with that B.S.

Pretty sure the "first " episode was just a damn reshow of last seasons LAST episode !?!! pretty disappointed with that B.S.

This is actually left me really confused.

I was like "Isn't this the same thing I saw to end that season back like 14 months ago?"

I ended up up having to look it up online to realize what was going on...which in my opinion is a really poor way to start a season.

I wasnt impressed at all...but I'll watch it and hope it gets better.

This first episode will definitely be an issue for some people, & I'm going to have to see how it plays out, since this is the definite last season, before I decide how I feel about it.

Yeah I had a few issues with the first episode and really hope it gets past this episode. The previews of upcoming episodes looked good so I can only hope.

It was a bit iffy. They just need to get into the stand alone stories I think. They work the best these days.

Ben

Yeah I had a few issues with the first episode and really hope it gets past this episode. The previews of upcoming episodes looked good so I can only hope.

Carter has said that they'll have several 'monster of the week' episodes this season. The mythology stuff is ok, but MotW is where the show shined, so I have high hopes.

The alien conspiracy episodes with the cigarette-smoking man continue to perplex. Fingers crossed for a few monster-of-the-week installments. I still enjoy the characters, so for a handful of shows I'm in.

The alien conspiracy episodes with the cigarette-smoking man continue to perplex. Fingers crossed for a few monster-of-the-week installments. I still enjoy the characters, so for a handful of shows I'm in.

Same,I really enjoy the characters too. While the story was a bit of a worry the characters were still great to see for me. Looking forward to the season either way. If Gillian leaves then for me it's a bit hard to see a future with the show. It's the chemistry between Mulder and Scully I'm here for.

Ben

I watched the last season with my dad, and it was ok, I enjoyed the MoTW episodes and hated the conspiracy ones, if memory serves they basically put in every semipopular conspiracy and put it in a blender and puked it out on screen. Conspiracies bug me in general, but if it is painted with some logic then in a movie I can enjoy it. BUT how they did it last season, and with what conspiracies they chose, I just couldn't watch it. Then when I saw that they were giving credence to the fake moon landing stuff, I was out. No conspiracy annoys, upsets, and down right makes me pissed more than that one

:lol

tFku7X4.jpg

Did the alien ship over them with the light NOT happen this time ? Or did I miss it this time around ?
If not did something change ?

Hasn't been addressed from what I can tell. Was a very dijointed connection between the last seasons ending and this years beginning.

In one of the commercials fox says its evidence of an alternate reality . I wonder if they are not there already as they are past the point where the entire world was being infected with the disease in last season , its like it did not happen this time ?????

I am unsure either, it seems like this season is trying to tie in a lot of different things since its supposedly the last season for real. Like last nights episode was the end of the lone gunmen... but for reals.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back