X-Files, Season 11, Thoughts?

I really liked the robot episode this week.

Same here, I thought that it was a fantastic episode and a creepy one at that too. When you think of it, this episode could actually mean that the X-Files is in the same universe as The Terminator, whatever was controlling all of those robots and drones could easily be a per-cursor to Skynet.

Same here, I thought that it was a fantastic episode and a creepy one at that too. When you think of it, this episode could actually mean that the X-Files is in the same universe as The Terminator, whatever was controlling all of those robots and drones could easily be a per-cursor to Skynet.

I liked the fact that the robots/AI werent trying to take over the world or anything. Just trying to run a sushi restaurant. And definitely being more then a bit pushy for tips.

I don't know that any one thing was controlling everything. I think it was just a tongue in cheek warning against the possible dangers of a truly connected world. Do one thing wrong and everything will work in concert against you, but not necessarily because it's a singular source of control. But it does reinforce my bias against so called smart homes.

I can tell you one thing for sure. I'm never getting into a car without a driver or that can drive itself! I'm also too old for smart phones, smart houses and smart alecks.

Still to catch up the latest one but the robot episode was brilliantly done. A future where AI and zero human involvement in our everyday commerce is frightening to say the least. A company like Amazon racing to a minimum employment policy is something that will affect entire countries if allowed to go on.

Came across this recently and after watching The X Files, got a little concerned.

Last edited by a moderator:
Loved the last episode. I have to say I've enjoyed most of the episodes so far this season and I'm really happy that most of them have been monster of the week type shows which is what I always liked best about X-Files. Now that we are down to the last 2 episodes that will probably change and I just hope they give Gillian a good send off if she really isn't coming back and not do something like NCIS does and kill her off.

Even though I liked the final episode I'm still pissed at Chris Carter for something he had in the first episode this season that I really hoped wasn't true but turned out to be, at least they gave a better explanation of it. I'm really glad a couple of people are dead and really hope they stay that way. There was also someone run over by a car that to me at least was never clear if he was dead or not. I know this was an ambiguous post but I'm trying not to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen the episode yet.

Yeah...you should have to be hoping that the dead stay dead. But with this, who knows. CSM was dead dead the first time, yet miraculously returned for the reboot...so who knows.

The end was fitting enough that if it comes back fine, and if not, there's nothing really necessary to tie up.

I think it was worth watching except for one or two duds which is to be expected from Chris Carter. I loved the monster of the week episodes and was not too thrilled with the ones that dealt with the mythology. It was was better than the last season.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back