Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Subscribe
    From
    Miamisburg, OH (near Dayton)
    Mar 20, 2018, 10:27 PM - Re: X-Files, Season 11, Thoughts? #76

Both of these seasons, so far, are not really adding anything at all to the story.
  2. Member Since
    Jun 2008
    From
    Rocky Point, NY
    Mar 22, 2018, 7:42 AM - Re: X-Files, Season 11, Thoughts? #77

Even though I liked the final episode I'm still pissed at Chris Carter for something he had in the first episode this season that I really hoped wasn't true but turned out to be, at least they gave a better explanation of it. I'm really glad a couple of people are dead and really hope they stay that way. There was also someone run over by a car that to me at least was never clear if he was dead or not. I know this was an ambiguous post but I'm trying not to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen the episode yet.
    Mar 22, 2018, 1:00 PM - Re: X-Files, Season 11, Thoughts? #78

Yeah...you should have to be hoping that the dead stay dead. But with this, who knows. CSM was dead dead the first time, yet miraculously returned for the reboot...so who knows.

The end was fitting enough that if it comes back fine, and if not, there's nothing really necessary to tie up.
  4. RPF Premium Member
    From
    Launch Bay Alpha
    Mar 22, 2018, 1:12 PM - Re: X-Files, Season 11, Thoughts? #79

So was this season worth watching?

What say you all??
  5. Member Since
    Jun 2008
    From
    Rocky Point, NY
    Mar 23, 2018, 9:20 AM - Re: X-Files, Season 11, Thoughts? #80

I think it was worth watching except for one or two duds which is to be expected from Chris Carter. I loved the monster of the week episodes and was not too thrilled with the ones that dealt with the mythology. It was was better than the last season.
    From
    South East
    Mar 23, 2018, 9:26 AM - Re: X-Files, Season 11, Thoughts? #81

This last episode was a disjointed mess. Iím not sure what real or not. Seemed very rushed except for a 5 minute scene of people running
    From
    Annapolis MD
    Mar 23, 2018, 6:34 PM - Re: X-Files, Season 11, Thoughts? #82

I always liked the overall story episodes in the old days, but the new seasons... I liked the one-off eps much better. Overall, I feel this final season missed the mark for me.
    From
    Woodbridge, VA
    Mar 28, 2018, 6:58 PM - Re: X-Files, Season 11, Thoughts? #83

The mythology was fun in the beginning. But as it went on it became clear that there was no plan, they were just making it up as they went, and it got so disjointed that I lost interest. I still like the monster shows, and I'll take the lame mythology as long as they keep the monsters coming.

I'd say this season was worth it, more monsters than last time. Nothing that compares to "The Wear Monster" but still some good stuff. "Nothing Lasts Forever" had that creepy/disturbing vibe that reminded me of "Family". The AI episode was fun though totally implausible. The last episode was pretty lame I thought, especially if it's really the last one. But last episodes usually leave me cold anyway.
    From
    Terra Australis
    Mar 29, 2018, 8:47 AM - Re: X-Files, Season 11, Thoughts? #84

I enjoyed this season much more than last season. The final episode didnt hit the mark the way i hoped it would but the magic is still there and keen for it to continue.
    From
    The Outer Rim
    Mar 31, 2018, 8:00 AM - Re: X-Files, Season 11, Thoughts? #85

I'm behind, just watched the robot and organ-thief episodes. The former was fun enough, the latter didn't cut it for me.