X-Files, Season 11, Thoughts?

Finally saw it and I loved it.

Just amazing to see Mulder and Scully back in the fray again. Not sure why some are dismissing it just over the Moon landing reference, the fake moon landing people have less than negative credibility with me to start with so it being referenced means nothing. Cancer man was involved in the JFK killing as well in the same set up and that seems to be cool. What better way to show the lengths this man will go to and his influence in human affairs?

I`m going to wait till more of this final season plays out until my mind is made up about possible ret conning of the past. It was really uncomfortable to watch Scully go through such terrible situations but also made it compelling. One last round of Monster of the Week episodes should be rewarding as well.

I loved the last episode. As far as the moon landing reference, I take anything cancer man says because we all know he is a lying ******* who will say and do anything to get his way, similar to what he told Skinner about William

Finally saw it and I loved it.

Just amazing to see Mulder and Scully back in the fray again. Not sure why some are dismissing it just over the Moon landing reference, the fake moon landing people have less than negative credibility with me to start with so it being referenced means nothing. Cancer man was involved in the JFK killing as well in the same set up and that seems to be cool. What better way to show the lengths this man will go to and his influence in human affairs?

I`m going to wait till more of this final season plays out until my mind is made up about possible ret conning of the past. It was really uncomfortable to watch Scully go through such terrible situations but also made it compelling. One last round of Monster of the Week episodes should be rewarding as well.

Yeah with the series wrapping up this season im guessing maybe 2-3 monster of the week episodes left. After all they did say the X-files were made accessible to the rest of the government and so the rest of the government knows know the weird stuff that they saw... also the most recent episode with the simulations was borderline monster of the week but was more a plot focused episode too, I felt.

They haven't said that's it, she said that's it for here. 10 episodes is apparently too long a commitment for her...whatever. Carter said he wouldn't continue without her, but my guess is the final episode will not have a final ending, it'll be left open one way or another.

They haven't said that's it, she said that's it for here. 10 episodes is apparently too long a commitment for her...whatever. Carter said he wouldn't continue without her, but my guess is the final episode will not have a final ending, it'll be left open one way or another.

I hope not. I know closure is not really in the Hollywood vocabulary but if this is the last season, the whole saga needs to be closed once and for all, Mulder and Scully`s story line at the very least.

Finally watched Ep 2. Loved it. Made the first Ep better too in my opinion. Love having Mulder and Scully back weekly even if this is the last season. However they wrap it up I hope Mulder and Scully are together and happy. It's all I want. Cancer man needs to die though. Lol.

Ben

So does anyone really think if this is the last season that they will finally stop all the conspiracies or not in the finale?

It was written before GA announced she was done. Unless she made it blatantly clear when the topic was broached of another season, odds are it's open ended.

I felt this week went from bad to worse.

Last week was convoluted and dumb...this week was just boring. I felt like they could've wrapped that all up in 5 minutes of storytelling. I also didn't like how it kind of seemed like a monster of the week episode, but also had things tying it to the underlying conspiracy.

Overall, I'm sad to say I haven't been impressed at all. I read that this episode would serve as a transition to more stand alone stories this year, so hopefully we get to those next week and I can start to enjoy this again.

In the 2nd episode apparently Mulder and Scully both became John Wick ninjas.

I’m not sure how everyone missed it but it CLEARLY explained in the first episode that the events of the finale last season were a vision that Scully was having

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the 2nd episode apparently Mulder and Scully both became
John Wick ninjas.

I’m not sure how everyone missed it but it CLEARLY explained in the first episode that the events of the finale last season were a vision that Scully was having

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you I missed the shiznit out of that !
I gotta go back and watch to see what the hell I missed exactly !

Thanks again !!!

X FILES IS STILL GOOD !

I WANT TO BELIEVE !

Yeah, I had high hopes for it since it's Darin Morgan. But...eh, I want to love it but it's not good. Morgan's episodes in the revived series have both suffered from an excess of talking over showing. Lots and lots of long, wordy speeches where characters stand in parking garages, graveyards, courtyards, foyers, and deliver exposition to each other. Granted that there were elements of that in his earlier work, but it used to be balanced out with, you know, actual drama. Now it's just jokes and monologs and no stakes.

Thanks Guys for all the replies as I am keeping up, if you call it that, with the Series through all of your posts! :thumbsup

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back