1:1 Scale AS (Averaged Symmetry) Trooper Helmet.

yeah them pics are not working :(
"Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"

EDIT: Nevermind

They look fantastic!! :thumbsup

Last edited:
Beautiful work! Now that's a TK!

I'm definitely in for one of these when they are ready...

Dan
thank you, glad you like it. and ok, stay tuned.
Pics not working for me. :(
i posted the colored images in the initial post above. you should be able to see them there.

I can see these an my Android phone, but not on my iPad.
Anyways, holy molly it's gorgeous!!! I can't wait to see it printed!
thank you very much. im glad you like it., and yes neither can i.

Looks amazing! Curious as to what 3d software was used.
thank you very much. sculpted in Z-brush and then rendered in keyshot.

Lovely. Absolutely lovely. Those bubble lenses sure fits this particular helmet very well, in my opinion. :)
thanks so much man. and yeah, bubble lenses definitely give it a cool look. i still prefer the flat lenses. but either one will work great with this helemt.
as des the two different vocoders.

yeah them pics are not working :(
"Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"

EDIT: Nevermind

They look fantastic!! :thumbsup

yeah they dont show up in my latest post but they are showing up in the intal post. that could be why, and thank you , im glad you like it.

How are you looking at actual fabrication? As in, number of pieces. And I can't remember if you were looking at doing these as assembled & finished only, or whether you'd send them out unassembled and leave it to the purchaser to add brow and neck trim, do the painting, etc. My preference is the latter, I cna tell you that much. *heh* Much easier for me to tweak details, add an interior, paint, etc., if I can do all that on individual subassemblies prior to joining things together.

--Jonah

How are you looking at actual fabrication? As in, number of pieces. And I can't remember if you were looking at doing these as assembled & finished only, or whether you'd send them out unassembled and leave it to the purchaser to add brow and neck trim, do the painting, etc. My preference is the latter, I cna tell you that much. *heh* Much easier for me to tweak details, add an interior, paint, etc., if I can do all that on individual subassemblies prior to joining things together.

--Jonah

well, come to find out this will definitely have to be made in fiberglass. vacumforming is not going to capture all the sharp details this helemt has. all functional details will be seperate pieces that will be installed spertaly. thats all gray areas, teeth and teeth mesh, vocoders, mic tips, lenses, brow and bottom trims and the earphone pieces. as far as offering kits. not sure we will be taking that route. but tis a possibility. and check your inbox, you have a PM.

If the grey part on the ears will be separate pieces, you may want to consider including Rogue One style grey parts. With those this helmet will be very close to a Rogue One helmet. The main difference I can see is the side tube vents appear to be straight on the Rogue One where yours are curved.

Honestly I think yours looks better than the Rogue One helmet.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

If the grey part on the ears will be separate pieces, you may want to consider including Rogue One style grey parts. With those this helmet will be very close to a Rogue One helmet. The main difference I can see is the side tube vents appear to be straight on the Rogue One where yours are curved.

Honestly I think yours looks better than the Rogue One helmet.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk
well thank you im glad you like it. :) thank you for the suggestion, but these helmets were created in a way where both sides of an OT helmet were used to create the averaged symmetry, to make these a true accurate symmetrical helmet. reason why they have the look and feel of the OT lids. im not trying to make these a R1 lid. im only applying the functional details the R1 lids have to certain aspects/areas and adding them to the same aspects/areas that are on the OT lids. but maintain all shapes and forms of that of the OT lids. with a couple of minor tweaks, which you see on the gray parts on the ears. i wanted to create those in a way where they still represent what we see on the OT ear pieces. yet in a manner that they have that functional look to them. so all aspects of this helemt represents that of the OT lids than that of the R1s. the era pieces on the R1s are a lot bigger and look nothing like the OT's

made some minor adjustments to the cheek tube stripes. made them thicker. first ones were a bit too thin.
also adjusted the tube on the bottom in the center of the back of the helmet. made it slightly thicker vertically. for a better more even transition to the tubes on the sides.
previous version seem to come more to a point than i felt it should. also needed to have it smoothed out it bit more as well.

front (1).jpgtop_pops.jpgpros.jpgpros2.jpgside (1).jpgside2 (1).jpgBPR_Render.jpg

Awesome!

For the longest time, I've been wanting to do my own helmet, but with a different take than other people who do one. most will want to make a screen accurate version of ANH Hero Helmet, or a RotJ Stunt version, or whatever.

But I want to make one that is universe accurate (or as much as is possible anyway).

In other words; most helmets incorporate the screen versions' abstractions and simplifications because the filming process did not require minute detail. Also, budget and time were obvious factors for the films' prop makers.

So I wanted to get a shell and cut out the mouth, to replace the grey bars with actual metal strips for instance. And the grey shape on the cheeks/sides of the face should be small, perforated plates, as opposed to grey stickers with a few black lines.

Because this is a fictional piece of equipment, some interpretation and imagination will be required. What is the purpose and function of all elements? Then, each element has to be approached with that in mind. And then the parts will get a life of their own, as opposed to just being decals or stickers on the surface.

By the way; I always saw the blue lines on the side tubes as some sort of vents as well, but rendered as blue lines on the movie versions because of the abovementioned reasons. Also, they may have been added just to break up the white of the surface for filming, adding some interest.

It's just that I cannot find any sensible in-universe reason for those lines to be there as painted-on lines...

Anyway; your helmet project looks like it will create a version that would support my take on a universe-accurate helmet perfectly, so I'll be following this thread with a lot of interest! :)

Awesome!

For the longest time, I've been wanting to do my own helmet, but with a different take than other people who do one. most will want to make a screen accurate version of ANH Hero Helmet, or a RotJ Stunt version, or whatever.

But I want to make one that is universe accurate (or as much as is possible anyway).

In other words; most helmets incorporate the screen versions' abstractions and simplifications because the filming process did not require minute detail. Also, budget and time were obvious factors for the films' prop makers.

So I wanted to get a shell and cut out the mouth, to replace the grey bars with actual metal strips for instance. And the grey shape on the cheeks/sides of the face should be small, perforated plates, as opposed to grey stickers with a few black lines.

Because this is a fictional piece of equipment, some interpretation and imagination will be required. What is the purpose and function of all elements? Then, each element has to be approached with that in mind. And then the parts will get a life of their own, as opposed to just being decals or stickers on the surface.

By the way; I always saw the blue lines on the side tubes as some sort of vents as well, but rendered as blue lines on the movie versions because of the abovementioned reasons. Also, they may have been added just to break up the white of the surface for filming, adding some interest.

It's just that I cannot find any sensible in-universe reason for those lines to be there as painted-on lines...

Anyway; your helmet project looks like it will create a version that would support my take on a universe-accurate helmet perfectly, so I'll be following this thread with a lot of interest! :)
That's also been my goal since forever. I've put more thought into in-universe functionality than is probably healthy. The gray bits are sensor covers/indicators. The traps and tears to aid situational awareness, the ears for the audio sensors, the teeth for atmosphere sensors (quality/quantity drop low enough, solenoids snap the frown openings shut and internal systems switch over to onboard air). The black lines aren't slits, but breaks in the coating for clearer readings through the smoke transparent shields themselves. The black outlines are isolating gaskets. The tube stripes are some sort of ill-defined trooper marking. They vary in number, and several troopers have none.

One thing that irks me about the Rogue One version is the black lines and tube stripes being openings. A truism of military hardware over the ages: "If there is an opening, dirt will get in it." Troopers in the field would have an impossible time keeping those things from jamming or clogging.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back