Deckard's Blade Runner 2019 Badge??

I think the font as-is is fine. Any way to make it slightly curved like the real world badge eltee posted?

Last edited:
I think the don't as-is is fine. Any way to make it slightly curved like the real world badge eltee posted?

From what I understand, the curved badges are for uniformed patrolmen, the flat badges are for detectives, as they carry their badges in a wallet and on on their uniform shirts. I could be wrong though.

Yep. I made if flat for wallets. As for the other stuff like Rep-Detect, I'm not using since eltee and others have verified that they don't hand out unit specific badges.

Thanks for all the input!

-GG

NCJIbYe.jpg

Damn!!!!!!! It must be BR overload or the zillion threads I've read, that said doesn't the B in his badge number B-26354 identify him as a Blade Runner? Just a thought :cool :D

Not sure about the the whole “B” meaning in the badge number.

However, I was watching the special features of BR last night and in one of the deleted scenes(or may be in ‘Director’s Cut’ version with the VO) but Deckard mentions that he’s a lieutenant in Blader Runner.

so I suppose you could even offer it to say Lieutenant like you did with the Joshi badge. That’s my two cents:)

either way the badge looks awesome.

However, I was watching the special features of BR last night and in one of the deleted scenes(or may be in ‘Director’s Cut’ version with the VO) but Deckard mentions that he’s a lieutenant in Blader Runner.

That's right, Deckard does refer to himself as a "Lieutenant in Rep-Detect" during the deleted and alternate scenes -- when he's cleaning up at the sink in his apartment, as Rachel watches. (There is no Director's Cut with the VO though. Both the Director's Cut and Final Cut removed all the VO.)

Now with real life and 2049, there is an established norm that LAPD badges have the LAPD headquarters building as part of the background. Soo...
Just a small point, but the real LAPD badge has LA City Hall on it (the home of the local government), not the police headquarters. However, in the BR universe it's easy to imagine the local (and probably national) government has collapsed and the city is controlled by the Police to serve corporate interests, so the badges would have changed to feature the Police headquarters (if not the Tyrell or Wallace buildings).

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back