Looking for clear pictures of the origional set design model from Star Trek TOS

damienjameswebb

Hello!

I was looking around online and all i can seem to fine are super over exposed shots of the model when it went on auction a while ago. I'm trying to re-create it for a friend of mine and would like to get the details right. I have these images below (along with many more that are equally as bad), but they're not super great... any ideas?

P517_6.jpgP517_14.jpgP517_4.jpgP517_2.jpg

Here are some pics:

http://wrathofdhanprops.blogspot.com/2014/01/the-lost-set-matt-jefferies-old-school.html

And a couple I took of it as well under glass at EMP back in May 2016 (they are of decent resolution if you triple-click):

View attachment 786147

View attachment 786148

Someone on either this board or Hobbytalk posted pics some time back of a very nice replica, more detailed even than the original, but I cannot find at the moment.

yes! i had found that site originally, but there really isn't any good angles of it there. those pictures you took are great! id love to find more of it if i could :D thank you!!

Dropped some set blueprints into the Gallery > TV Series > Star Trek folder here. Might me useful since they seem to be exactly the same layout as the Matt Jeffereis model. Some even have the same studio wall marked in as the model

There is one other one that seems to be too large to upload, I'll try to send to you

I couldn't get the larger images to load, Aku, but here is a scan of the "Journey to Babel" set configuration that I had found on the net, which is of pretty decent resolution (if you double-click).

I'd love to view the larger images of what you posted, since (I think; its hard to tell for sure) you even posted the set blueprints for outside the Leighton residence (I've never seen high-res versions of those).

(I think the O.P. may have the floor blueprints anyway):

https://s18.postimg.org/h9gqkzaaf/babel.png

Good eye there, Mr Buick. One of them is from "Conscience of a King". To be honest though, most of the plans are very similar to the one you posted above, just with local variations for each episode. In order the sets are:

Int: Briefing Room
"The Deadly Years"
"Balance of Terror" - Int. Space Ship
"Journey to Babel" - Stage 9 Master Plan
"Consience of a King"
"Charlie X"

Humm. While the resolution is crude i wonder if they'd look better rendered as traditional white on blue blueprints

I'll send you a copy of the "King" and see if can upload them better

Many thanks! I actually have a few of those as hardcopies, purchased from Lincoln Enterprises when I was a kid. I did not prev. have the briefing room interior sets with the elevations, or the "Conscience" plans showing the Leighton home (though I was aware of their existence). Yes, the Babel sets are probably the best to follow for any diorama (unless one wants a 9 pad transporter room:)).

A quick story about the "Babel" plans - I saw a copy of those in the sickbay complex lab at the Ticonderga Trek Tour when I visited last spring; I chatted a bit with James Cawley after my tour was over, and he kindly offered some history of his getting the complete set plans from William Ware Theiss decades back. I mentioned that I had some set plans of my own purchased back in the 70s, and he said "yes, but those don't have the elevations - I HAVE THE ELEVATIONS". I was in no way trying to compare my collection of Trekanalia to his, merely wanted to express that I had the same plans as those he had displayed on the lab table in sickbay. As I said, he was very nice, and I did not think he was bragging, but any time now when I find myself in a "let me do you one better" situation with someone, I will look over to my wife (if she is there) and say "BUT I HAVE THE ELEVATIONS" with a wink.;)

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back