Yet another lightsaber variant?

ronwlim

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I haven't seen this posted elsewhere, but in the lightside Last Jedi poster, I noticed something a little different about Rey's/Luke's lightsaber....

rey-saber.jpg

If I'm not mistaken, that graflex doesn't have the usual grips!

- Ron

this is actually a great pic of those grips. this saber has been known for awhile, the short control box, and flat rubber grips. but this has to be the best picture we have of it to date, thanks for sharing!

That's the soft-stunt.

The one-piece grips, low profile clamp box.

I MADE A MANUAL WHY AREN'T YOU GUYS MEMORIZING IT!?
SethS I did! I was just thinking "I just read about that in Seth's new manual, and saw the picture"! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
That's the soft-stunt.

The one-piece grips, low profile clamp box.

Where's the latest? The link in your thread still points to the old pdf.

Thanks in advance,
Ron

Yeah, If I click the hyperlink on the sticky thread, I get the old guide. If I copy the link into a new window I get the new one.
Odd.

One thing I noticed in your guide was regarding to Vader's light saber hung on his belt. You mention there is no clear belt hanger on ROTJ. The scene when Vader is on the Star Destroyer and crosses the bridge to meet the officers and asks "Where is that Shuttle Going?" there a clear reflection(it shines like chrome.) of the hilt swinging back and forth. It can be seen on the Blu Ray version. No detail can be seen but its enough to tell us THERE IS A BELT HANGER IN ROTJ.

Some of the ON SET promo photos also show the MPP hanging off the belt. There is one photo of Prowse on the Death Star Hanger set with his cape hung from his back(off the shoulders) with 2 stormtroopers behind him to the side. That photo shows the MPP hero clear as day hung off his belt.

So in conclusion.....The MPP hero was worn during ROTJ.

If you have a line on either of those photos, that would be great.

I checked out the scene you mean-- I think it's mostly reflections off the gloves-- save for a sliver-- great catch though!

hanger.png

But what actually caught my eye in that scene was there was a droid on the far left of the scene that I never noticed.

impdroid.png

Pretty sure they just painted EV-929 glossy black-- but I like to think that's a K2SO droid.

Dude I’ve never seen that droid either! Sure does look like a black ev!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back