*SPOILER* TLJ - Luke's weapon in that scene

ive decided im going to go see TLJ again this weekend (if the car starts, its suppose to be around 15 below...) im going to look out for that funny slide switch during this scene, see if it really is the 2.0 the ears seem a lot taller to me then normal...

I don't know that it counts as BTS-- that seem staged for the video. That said-- somebody got a clearer pic--

26167320_10154870303806148_8600256211815667998_n.jpg

Definitely a glass eye-- but I still don't think you can get a vintage to sit that far out can you?

Definitely a glass eye-- but I still don't think you can get a vintage to sit that far out can you?

You can, but it's hanging on by the tip of the last thread. Touch it and it's off into oblivion. Now a Korbanth however...
The 2.0 and the 2.5 both have a step in the Beer Tab and a prominent step beneath the knurling of the Glass Eye ring that prevents the Glass Eye from sitting flush against its shouldered section of the hilt.
...and I'd add to that in saying that should a Korbanth begin to unscrew, it would look as though it was sticking out further still!

Is it just me, or is anyone else having difficulty keeping track of these super similar threads, especially with these new threads popping up today?:wacko Time for bed for this Jedi!

Well some people think they use the 2.0 for the broken saber, so they could have used one here too. Just odd theyd even make a different saber for Luke here and not just use the one Rey uses.

Unless they used the 2.0 tops to build the stunt sabers? I assume that's what Hamill would be using here.

We need a better look at the glass eye on the stunts Daisy Ridley uses.

Unless they used the 2.0 tops to build the stunt sabers? I assume that's what Hamill would be using here.

We need a better look at the glass eye on the stunts Daisy Ridley uses.

Hard to catch sight of on the stunts.

The eye changes scene to scene. Some it;s sticking out, some screwed down-- it doesn't seem to line up with being a stunt or hero.

That’s what I said on the FB group. Get the eye like that, sneeze, and it is out!

AAAAAAHHHHH-CHOO! "OH NO! My Glass Eye, HELP ME, HELP ME!" And everyone around you scurries to to your aid to look for your 'glass eye'. Until... someome notices your face and says, "Hey wait just a minute, who're you tryin' to fool? Both your eyeballs are right where they're supposed to be! The entire crowd that had gathered in haste to help you search for your eye suddenly stops to look at you, "No, the glass eye from my GRAFLEX Lightsaber!" you say. And the crowd begins to scream "STAR WARS GEEK!" as they start to beat you with their shoes!

Too funny! :lol

It's not out that far actually. It's just the light reflecting off the edge of the glass eye making it appear to look farther out than it is.

At that angle we're getting a big highlight off the flat back of the bezel that probably makes the eye look further out than it is. Matching my vintage and eye up with the photo, the eye is still screwed in about 5/8ths of a turn and the spring is providing plenty of tension to keep it in place. I have even more leeway on the vintage ground-down eye I got from Walter in the FB group.

I tried this with mine and it popped out and it took me an hour to find the damn spring on my floor...

Holy crap!

I go back and forth. The shape says glass eye, but I've never seen one stick out that far.

Probably a trick of the light-- but it's inconclusive to me until Blue Ray or a clearer pic.

The protruding brass eye on the Rey Black Series Jedi Training lightsaber is beginning to make a lot of sense now...

I’ve been squinting at this photo all day...

a5d62c5feb046776eff7462ed2f610b1.jpg

Does the rivet in the bunny ears look to have the graflex 2.0 screw in it?

If this IS a Graflex 2.0 the glass eye sticking out could be because they used a blade plug version of their glass eye... what ever blade they are using maybe for some reason the glass eye isn’t screwed in all the way because of what ever blade setup is in
2aa8ed8acfa30710859e3993cb49a6e6.jpg

I’m really reaching here trying to go with what ever options comes to my mine

Here is a video with a 2.0 and a graflex shop glass eye, he’s got that sticking out pretty good
https://youtu.be/-o77LPb492U

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back