Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Subscribe
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    Jan 4, 2018, 6:23 AM - Re: *SPOILER* TLJ - Luke's weapon in that scene #26

SethS said: View Post
    I don't know that it counts as BTS-- that seem staged for the video. That said-- somebody got a clearer pic--

Attachment 784719

Definitely a glass eye-- but I still don't think you can get a vintage to sit that far out can you?
    I have a crazy theory Seth, Iím trying to get into a 10:30am showing saturday...
    From
    Madison, WI
    Jan 4, 2018, 12:44 PM - Re: *SPOILER* TLJ - Luke's weapon in that scene #27

Well some people think they use the 2.0 for the broken saber, so they could have used one here too. Just odd theyd even make a different saber for Luke here and not just use the one Rey uses.
    Jan 4, 2018, 12:53 PM - Re: *SPOILER* TLJ - Luke's weapon in that scene #28

Unless they used the 2.0 tops to build the stunt sabers? I assume that's what Hamill would be using here.

We need a better look at the glass eye on the stunts Daisy Ridley uses.
    From
    Los Angeles
    Jan 4, 2018, 2:14 PM - Re: *SPOILER* TLJ - Luke's weapon in that scene #29

AnubisGuard said: View Post
    Unless they used the 2.0 tops to build the stunt sabers? I assume that's what Hamill would be using here.

We need a better look at the glass eye on the stunts Daisy Ridley uses.
    Hard to catch sight of on the stunts.

The eye changes scene to scene. Some it;s sticking out, some screwed down-- it doesn't seem to line up with being a stunt or hero.
  5. Member Since
    Jan 2016
    Jan 4, 2018, 2:39 PM - Re: *SPOILER* TLJ - Luke's weapon in that scene #30

Thatís what I said on the FB group. Get the eye like that, sneeze, and it is out!
    AAAAAAHHHHH-CHOO! "OH NO! My Glass Eye, HELP ME, HELP ME!" And everyone around you scurries to to your aid to look for your 'glass eye'. Until... someome notices your face and says, "Hey wait just a minute, who're you tryin' to fool? Both your eyeballs are right where they're supposed to be! The entire crowd that had gathered in haste to help you search for your eye suddenly stops to look at you, "No, the glass eye from my GRAFLEX Lightsaber!" you say. And the crowd begins to scream "STAR WARS GEEK!" as they start to beat you with their shoes!

Too funny!
  6. RPF Premium Member Psab keel's Avatar
    Jan 4, 2018, 2:53 PM - Re: *SPOILER* TLJ - Luke's weapon in that scene #31

It's not out that far actually. It's just the light reflecting off the edge of the glass eye making it appear to look farther out than it is.
    From
    Rochester, NY
    Jan 4, 2018, 3:50 PM - Re: *SPOILER* TLJ - Luke's weapon in that scene #32

At that angle we're getting a big highlight off the flat back of the bezel that probably makes the eye look further out than it is. Matching my vintage and eye up with the photo, the eye is still screwed in about 5/8ths of a turn and the spring is providing plenty of tension to keep it in place. I have even more leeway on the vintage ground-down eye I got from Walter in the FB group.
    From
    Los Angeles
    Jan 4, 2018, 4:02 PM - Re: *SPOILER* TLJ - Luke's weapon in that scene #33

I tried this with mine and it popped out and it took me an hour to find the damn spring on my floor...
    From
    Rochester, NY
    Jan 4, 2018, 5:40 PM - Re: *SPOILER* TLJ - Luke's weapon in that scene #34

I tried this with mine and it popped out and it took me an hour to find the damn spring on my floor...
    Sounds like, like most things Graflex, there's quite a bit of tolerance in the specs.
  10. Member Since
    Apr 2014
    Jan 4, 2018, 7:36 PM - Re: *SPOILER* TLJ - Luke's weapon in that scene #35

Holy crap!

I go back and forth. The shape says glass eye, but I've never seen one stick out that far.

Probably a trick of the light-- but it's inconclusive to me until Blue Ray or a clearer pic.
    The protruding brass eye on the Rey Black Series Jedi Training lightsaber is beginning to make a lot of sense now...
  11. RPF Premium Member halliwax's Avatar
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    Jan 4, 2018, 11:01 PM - *SPOILER* TLJ - Luke's weapon in that scene #36

Iíve been squinting at this photo all day...

Does the rivet in the bunny ears look to have the graflex 2.0 screw in it?

If this IS a Graflex 2.0 the glass eye sticking out could be because they used a blade plug version of their glass eye... what ever blade they are using maybe for some reason the glass eye isnít screwed in all the way because of what ever blade setup is in

Iím really reaching here trying to go with what ever options comes to my mine

Here is a video with a 2.0 and a graflex shop glass eye, heís got that sticking out pretty good
    https://youtu.be/-o77LPb492U
    Last edited by halliwax; Jan 5, 2018 at 8:08 AM.
  12. RPF Premium Member halliwax's Avatar
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    Jan 10, 2018, 5:44 PM - Re: *SPOILER* TLJ - Luke's weapon in that scene #37

well luke isn't using the graflex 2.0 vs kylo

is the smooth flex, the nick name for this flat grip saber with the black end cap?
    From
    Madison, WI
    Jan 10, 2018, 5:53 PM - Re: *SPOILER* TLJ - Luke's weapon in that scene #38

Aw man the one with the wonky cutout grip sleeve.
    From
    Los Angeles
    Jan 10, 2018, 6:19 PM - Re: *SPOILER* TLJ - Luke's weapon in that scene #39

So it's a detailed stunt-- which uses a vintage for a base. That does explain the eye sitting out.
    From
    Madison, WI
    Jan 10, 2018, 6:34 PM - Re: *SPOILER* TLJ - Luke's weapon in that scene #40

Same one here:

Jan 10, 2018, 6:35 PM - Re: *SPOILER* TLJ - Luke's weapon in that scene #41

Do we see Luke ignite the lightsaber, because unless the stunt has a removable blade, maybe he switched from a bladeless to a bladed hilt between shots. Which would mean we still don't know.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
  17. RPF Premium Member halliwax's Avatar
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    Jan 10, 2018, 7:02 PM - Re: *SPOILER* TLJ - Luke's weapon in that scene #42

So it's a detailed stunt-- which uses a vintage for a base. That does explain the eye sitting out.
    Idk if we can say just that about the glasseye. The glasseye also sticks out in the pervious picture posted from the behind the scenes, with the designers.

It could possibly be another stunt, but that stunt has normal profile t track. To me honestly that track (the saber in the behind the scenes) those tracks look soft to me.. you can see the profile changes near the rivets..

I wonder if that one is also a early stunt with softer rubber grips? Still feeling uncomfortable they switched over to this flat grips

Which I hate, and I cringe every time I see that black end cap... sticks out like a soar thumb
    From
    Los Angeles
    Jan 10, 2018, 7:31 PM - Re: *SPOILER* TLJ - Luke's weapon in that scene #43

That cap was used on the detailed stunts as well as the more simplified ones-- that Daisy is holding above.

About the glass eye, the detailed stunts are using some type of blade holder, I assume custom, in a vintage body-- so I assume that's why the eye may not screw down all the way.

I don't recall the level of movement or ignition in this shot, but they'd likely just have Mark freeze and pop a blade in as opposed to handing off and entire unit.
    From
    Michigan
    Jan 11, 2018, 11:55 AM - Re: *SPOILER* TLJ - Luke's weapon in that scene #44

About the glass eye, the detailed stunts are using some type of blade holder, I assume custom, in a vintage body-- so I assume that's why the eye may not screw down all the way.
    This has been my thought while reading through the thread. It has always just looked like a "normal" glass eye that isn't quite screwed in 100%.