“Who plays board games?” Jumanji Video Game Cartridge

I think I see four as well, but maybe not where you do.

Anybody in the NYC area? Sony has / had the prop on display at Sony Square.

Attachments

• 1b.jpg
    1b.jpg
    225.3 KB · Views: 629
  • 2a.png
    2a.png
    263.3 KB · Views: 302
  • 2b.jpg
    2b.jpg
    258.8 KB · Views: 436
  • 3a.jpg
    3a.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 674
I think you may be right there - it’s certainly more logical than what I was seeing.

The screws one above the other must be a trick of the light. I’ll update my model tomorrow morning and post more photos then.

My cartridge arrived yesterday. I had it printed in PLA with a layer height of 100 microns to preserve as much of the detail as possible.
33004e6116dffa0a9ff3b53ddf312fab.jpg

The first thing I did was glue the two halves together, then I began sanding with 150-grit sandpaper to remove as many of the print lines as I could.
b461024488eeaf98f66eca824f407be8.jpg

The white plastic meant I didn’t have to bother with an undercoat, so I went straight into painting with dark grey acrylic paint.

I then painted the front recess black and coated the entire cartridge in Mod Podge to seal the paint and give it a nice matte finish.
52989f43d3ad76932150603a40b3bbe5.jpg

Next up I’ll be tackling the Jumanji logo on the front.

Last edited:
Thanks JumanjiFan112 and @mike J! I was just going to alter the Jumanji logo myself to make the sticker, so you’ve saved me a lot of effort. :) I’ll hopefully get around to finishing my cartridge tho week.

Thanks. Where'd you get those shots of the game from Nick Jonas' Instagram feed? I skimmed through that a couple times a week ago and couldn't find them. Are they from a video?

Yeah, I had a quick look through his Instagram and couldn’t find anything either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. Where'd you get those shots of the game from Nick Jonas' Instagram feed? I skimmed through that a couple times a week ago and couldn't find them. Are they from a video?

They were posted during their time in Hawaii, when the cast was doing press stuff for the film. The reason why it's unavailable is because he posted it on his story, which disappears after 24 hours.

He was making comparisons of an old Jumanji (which was just a cheap replica from Attic-Replicas) and the new console. He was holding the cart and attempting to put it into the console with little luck while others around him were giggling and taking pictures.

I know this isnt strictly related to the in-film cartridge, but I am a huge Nintendo 64 fanboy, and I have a big game collection. I wanted to make my own custom label to print and put over an empty shell I had for something else that ended up not happening, so I made this.

Jumanji label.png

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back