Captain Power, ever hear of any props surfacing?

wh1plash

The topic seems to come up every few years, so I know its a long shot, but thought I'd ask again.

Has anybody ever seen or heard anything about where any of the original props might have gone to? Captain Power stuff would be my holy grail, since it was my favorite show as a kid, and totally blew my 6yo mind at the time.

I remember getting to go to a promo thing in the late 80's where a guy had the costume and was signing autographs, and I know other people have said they remember going to those events too. I was in Tulsa, OK at the time, so I have to believe there were more than a few suits floating around other than the screen-used production stuff.

I'd love to track down somebody who might have one, if only just to take a quadrillion photos and measurements.

EDIT: Oops, meant to post this in the production made section. Maybe a mod can move it.

Captain_Power_And_The_Soldiers_Of_The_Future21.jpg

WOW, blast from the past, I had totally forgotten about this show. I was also around 6 years old back then. Looking at this photo with a 35 years old eye, those costumes look a lot ****ier than I remember

WOW, blast from the past, I had totally forgotten about this show. I was also around 6 years old back then. Looking at this photo with a 35 years old eye, those costumes look a lot ****ier than I remember

Nah, in all fairness, they look a lot cleaner than lots of the stormtroopers in the original Star Wars trilogy. Guarantee the CP armor are vacuu-formed ABS made just the same way.

I loved that show! I remember talking to Tim Dunigan at...I think it was Atlanta Fantasy Fair, about season 2, them being on the run. I made up a game based on the show.

Sorry, I can't help you on the props. I think making a suit you'd have to proportion it to yourself. Captain Power was TALL.

MATTEL was very upset that they destroyed the the base in ships. It pretty much killed their toy line for the show.

David.

Fuller french owned one of the spaceship miniatures long ago before he sold off his collection
You can see it at https://web.archive.org/web/20010415042334/http://www.scifihollywood.com:80/spaceships/12.html
I dont think I recall seeing anything else over the years I might have just forgotten though its possible
Even though that collection is apparently sold thanks for that link! Great resource!
Do you know if there are public records of the sale of his collection?

Hi Guys,
I was one of the people who made all the suits for the promo show and the TV show. I was also onset with the costumes for both the promo and the TV show. I was told that when the show was canceled all of the costumes were sent to Universal Studios tour. Where they had the characters as walk arounds for a while.If you would like to see some photos then go to my flicker page. https://www.flickr.com/photos/41111968@N00/albums/72157622361659286

Hms mike interesting. I wonder where they ended up from there.
Avz Fuller French really started to sell off his collection with profiles in history auction 17. Later on ebay seller museum of mom and pop culture sold off the rest for the most part. That was like 2005 or so I believe.
A lot of sci weapons were sold on ebay via them besides the super high end stuff that sold via profiles in history. I bought several items as did a few others.

Avz Fuller French really started to sell off his collection with profiles in history auction 17. Later on ebay seller museum of mom and pop culture sold off the rest for the most part. That was like 2005 or so I believe.
A lot of sci weapons were sold on ebay via them besides the super high end stuff that sold via profiles in history. I bought several items as did a few others.
Thanks! I will check my profiles catalogs. I know Alan from the museum of mom and popculture. I saw some of the pieces he sold once pop up at Hakes when I did a search for Buck Rogers props. Which was reason enough for me to touch base with him. Trying to get more info on Buck Rogers and Babylon 5 props (and art), as I hope to one day with confidence acquire some pieces for my collection.

If you don't mind I might send you a PM later on to pick your brain a bit more, don't want to hijack this thread, seeing I still have lots to learn on those pieces (if you know more on the props I mentioned).

I was told that they were sold off in a very quiet auction that very few knew about and it all went cheap. I found out after it was done.

They sold all the suits here in LA some were. But as far as the sets and props they were all sold in Canada after it was canceled.

Hi Guys,
I was one of the people who made all the suits for the promo show and the TV show. I was also onset with the costumes for both the promo and the TV show. I was told that when the show was canceled all of the costumes were sent to Universal Studios tour. Where they had the characters as walk arounds for a while.If you would like to see some photos then go to my flicker page. https://www.flickr.com/photos/41111968@N00/albums/72157622361659286

Thanks for sharing that album. Would you mind talking a bit about the process of how you made the molds and how the armor was metalized?

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back