THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2: Costume Replica

AaronAlx11

Hi everyone. This is my first time here and I would like to present myself first. My name is Aaron and I’m 17 years old. I’m from Peru and I speak officially speak spanish, as it is the main language around here. Anyway, I try to do my best when speaking english, so I hope you guys can understand me.

Now... Why am I posting this thread? I’ve a huge fan of Spider-Man since I was 4 years old, because of the hype around the Sam Raimi’s films on those times. As a fan dream, I’ve been always thinking on making my own Spidey suit. I said making and not getting, because I want to feel what Peter Parker felt when doing his first costume. I think doing it on ur own will be such a great experience, so here we go I guess.

First... I’ve chosen the TASM2 one because on my opinion, it is the best live-action suit design ever made. I’ve been reading ur posts and threads for months as watching many tutorials and tips around the internet. I’m personally a big fan of McLean’s and TJack’s work, being those two part of my inspiration to do this costume. Now I’ll write down some of the things I have clear, before starting this project.

* I’m in a budget. I don’t have those thousands dollars many here have. I think $400 it’s enough. Keep on mind prices for dye-sub and screenprinting in Peru are way cheaper than in US. I’ll just say $30 are enough to get a Ken Landrum file printed on white spandex (fabric price included).
* The Faceshell and Lenses that I’ll get will be from TJack. As I said a few lines up here, I love what he does. Also I think he’s the best option for a price-quality relation Faceshell.
* The file I’ll be using is the one from McLean (red and blue separated). He has got one for $35 I think, but I’ll contact him to get the premium photoshop file, to make some modifications. If you know of any other file (I feel it’s is free, way better), please write it down. There’s no way I’m doing a dye-subbed on white spandex suit. I don’t want to be dispectful, but the zentai suit colors look awful.
* I think I’ll buy the TASM2 webshooters from Zentai-Zentai. If there is any other option, please let me know.
* I’ll need something of you to let me know what mix do to do the webbing, I’ve heard the best way is to mix Puff paint and liquid latex. I hope you guys can explain and show me the best way to do it.
* About the sewing, I’ve got a friend who can help me. Last time we did a test on a Ken Landrum’s Raimi file and the results were great. Some minor problems because of a rush on doing Puff paint, but from then, nothing wrong.

Well... I hope I can make this before the Avengers 3 movie release, so let’s cross the fingers. Thank you guys!

FD403882-7CF2-42B5-95D6-6EA7E95D4E9E.jpeg

The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Costume Challenge

​Hey everybody!

First, I would like to introduce myself. My name is Aaron. I live in Peru, and I'm 17 years old. As you may know, here on my country we talk spanish, so please have that on mind, because I may make some gramatical mistakes. Anyway, I've been a huge Spidey fan since I was 4 years and as one, my biggest dream is to dress up like him, why not trying the best live-action suit until today (my personal opinion), the 2014 Amazing Spider-Man 2 movie costume. That suit makes me scream everytime I look somebody dressing it. it doesn't matter if it is a cheap zentai suit or a thousands of dollar replica, it is just a pure symbol for me.

Now... I'm not in a big budget. My top would be $400 (Including faceshell). I've been studying a lot about the Spider-Man cosplay process, including the dye-sub, screenprinting, sewing and faceshell usage. I think with that budget I could actually make a "perfect" replica suit, even including the screeprinted blue section. Before you start laughing about what I've just said, listen... In Peru, processes like the screenprinting and dye-sublimation are way cheaper than in any other part of the world (except china I gues :lol). I'm just gonna say it is 5 times cheaper than what Fabric-On-Demand or any other propmaker price.

So... Here are some things I would like you to know:
1. I'm getting tJack Faceshell and Lenses combo. He's a great guy. I've already contact him and I hope I can make the payment before the end of the month. I've also thought on making my own shell. I mean it is cheaper and I can also make my own molds to sell here on the forum, but it's just an idea.
2. I'm buying McLean's TASM2 Pattern. I chose the original separated colors pattern. Here's the link if you wanna check it: https://sellfy.com/p/SDEG/
3. I'll go and print the pattern on colored fabric (except the blue one, because that's gonna be screen printed). It's not very expensive and I've already contacted someone who can help me with that.
4. I'll use Kung Fu shoes. I've got an aunt who lives in the US, so via my Amazon prime account I'll buy a pair of those.
5. I'm 3D Printing my own webshooters, thank to the file provided by Ken Landrum (Very accurate by the way).

That's all... Thanks! If you have any helpful tip, please write it down here. Also if there's other faceshell or file alternative, please let me know.

Thank you RPF forum!

The-Amazing-Spider-Man-2-Poster-slice.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back