Stranger Things 2 Costumes and Props

I think the jacket is more gray than khaki. Below is MO’s example of their khaki

C05C5130-549A-4682-943D-A1BEFA096C4C.jpeg

I've got my Steve all put together. I'm on a bit of a budget so the Members Only jacket and the sunglasses (if you count knockoffs) are the only parts of mine that'll be screen-accurate, but seeing as I cosplayed Jonathan at the lats con I went to and literally everyone called me 'Steve' I somehow doubt it'll affect my recognizability *too* much. :p I'm currently planning to do his main S2 look with the yellow gloves and without the backpack, but seeing the above picture I've realized I actually have a backpack that's kind of similar, at least in color and material, so I might add it.

Our first day of shooting our BTTF/Stranger Things 80s mash up.. Hair was exaggerated because the short is suppose to be a comedy that doesn’t take itself too seriously. Yes that is my real hair

4843495C-3935-416D-93EE-820C15B55185.jpegB21D6B7B-AE9F-4A4E-A0D8-2A2D71321436.jpeg

One of the masks worn during the Halloween scene is a Trick Or Treat Studios Elrod Myers mask. Their foam butcher knife is also being used here.
CSQh3cw.jpg

trick-or-treat-studios-michael-myers-halloween-ii.jpg

Which, in turn, is based on the Psycho Myers mask by Justin Mabry:
EW0uvkA.jpg

Props that would go with costumes?

The camera Jonathan Byers carries around everywhere is a Pentax MX for anyone interested in his gear. Pentax K1000 looks close enough if you don't need the exact thing.

Mike's watch is an Alpha Calc Chrono. A Casio calculator watch would probably do in a pinch.

Props that would go with costumes?

The camera Jonathan Byers carries around everywhere is a Pentax MX for anyone interested in his gear. Pentax K1000 looks close enough if you don't need the exact thing.

Mike's watch is an Alpha Calc Chrono. A Casio calculator watch would probably do in a pinch.

There actually is some debate on the watch. Some think it is a modern one, I can't remember what its called but its pretty cheap on amazon.

There actually is some debate on the watch. Some think it is a modern one, I can't remember what its called but its pretty cheap on amazon.
EDIT After a re-read I'm not sure that this article is a confirmation. And the author doesn't seem 100% certain. So I looked for myself.

From that article I posted.....
ST_Watch.jpg

The watch appears to have 4 rows, 5 buttons per row. All the buttons are grey except for a button on the bottom row left hand side.

The watch also features a band on which there are two parallel lines running the length of the band near the edges.

And this is not 100% sure. But I think the window has rounded corners up top.

Based on all of this, I think the watch looks most like a Z-1081.

0ac4b0b82daab6adfc65237ca106ca7e.jpg

Original Post-----
I think this is the prop-master confirming the props. The article lists the Alpha Calc Chrono. It would be strange for the article writer would not bother to confirm that with the prop person.

https://www.wired.com/2016/07/stories-behind-stranger-things-retro-80s-props/

Last edited:
I'm way late checking the thread, but in case there's still any confusion, Steve's jacket is the grey color. More specifically, it's a modern grey member's only jacket, sold on their website until very recently for something like $150. You can tell it's the modern one by the zipper pull, the zippers on the vintage ones are different. Also, the vintage ones are really baggy and the modern jackets are slim fit. I didn't want to shell out for the modern one, so mine is vintage, but the fit leaves a lot to be desired.

My dustin shirt came in the mail today! It's from the makers of the original shirt, that they used in Stranger Things, which is a dentist's office in Missouri. Here's link to the dentist's Etsy shop where they sell the shirts https://www.etsy.com/listing/557703564/stranger-things-dustins-t-shirt-brace?ref=hp_rv

- - - Updated - - -

The shirt looks a bit brighter orange in person so I think I'll just set it out in the sun a lot during the summer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd use a PVC pipe core with EVA foam over it for the bat. The EVA can be textures and painted to match the bat in the show. You could also probably make the nails out of the same material or use caulk backing for the nails. The LARP weapon company, Calimacil has a urethane foam bat as part of their zombie collection. It's small, though, only 69 cm long. http://www.calimacil.com/slugger.html

Great find! But damnit, I just bought my dustin backpack yesterday for the higher price!

Have you received your backpack? The one I received for the cheaper price was quite inaccurate. The color is much too light and doesn't appear to be denim either. Just curious to see if the one you bought is a better match. I'm going to try and get a refund for mine. I'll post a picture of it as soon as I get chance.

Have you received your backpack? The one I received for the cheaper price was quite inaccurate. The color is much too light and doesn't appear to be denim either. Just curious to see if the one you bought is a better match. I'm going to try and get a refund for mine. I'll post a picture of it as soon as I get chance.
Mine looks great, just like the show. The backpack does come in different colors though so they might have sent you a slightly different color. I'll send a pic too later tonight (my brother is using the backpack as his school backpack everyday lol).

Mine looks great, just like the show. The backpack does come in different colors though so they might have sent you a slightly different color. I'll send a pic too later tonight (my brother is using the backpack as his school backpack everyday lol).

Just to verify, you ordered the “light blue” backpack from your link correct?

a08885a7-8258-4634-bdf0-0898f73852c3.jpgdH BP.jpgDH BP 2.jpg
Here is a comparison of I backpack I have vs the one on the show.
From what I can see in person they are the same backpack.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back