Stranger Things 2 Costumes and Props

TheDavisBros

I thought it would be nice to cover my Stranger Things cosplay progress on the forum. I will be mainly covering Steve, Dustin, and El (with their season 2 costumes). I am making a Hopper costume too but people have that one covered right here https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=283224. The costumes will be finished by early Sept. in time for Rose City Comic Con.

C4nhR64XAAAr-Xe.jpgstranger-things-2.jpg
This is the 11 costume I am making is giving me the hardest trouble trying to track down stuff. I have the tattoos from Etsy and I'll use new converse for the shoes, but I can't find anything matching the overalls or the plaid shirt on amazon or eBay. Any help would be appreciated!

Last edited:
I'm actually almost done the Dustin costume, I got a hat at a halloween store a few months age, I made a few slight adjustments to match the show better (I also got a wig there).
I got the shirt from the people that actually made the shirt Dustin wears on here https://www.etsy.com/listing/557703564/stranger-things-dustins-t-shirt-brace?ref=shop_home_active_1il_570xN.1396520849_ali4.jpg
I bought a Burgundy hoodie at target that matches pretty well, and I still need too find some jeans (all of the pics online of the jeans are pretty bad)
strangerthings19-xlarge_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqIdUlPYoxLQG5nHXVd2JxiAzamCwRUT18LbGNernhRg0.jpg

the shoes are old K Swiss that aren't being made anymore. I tried tracking them down on eBay with no luckstranger-things-dustin-shoes-cosplay.jpg
SoI am just using some adidas that match pretty well
They use the same backpack in both seasons and you can buy it on amazon https://www.amazon.com/College-Back...IjiHErBYWNMfuxwxGjcJw&slotNum=16&tag=cdiyg-20 dustin-henderson-stranger-things-backpack.jpg

I'll be following this. I'm making the Steve costume from the last episode and I've got everything exact except the backpack is a close enough. And I need to figure out a con-safe way to put nails in a foam baseball bat.

For Steve I've got the Members Only jacket, Cortez shoes, retro wrangler jeans, and I'm growing out my hair.
Risu, what are you using for the blue shirt he wears under the jacket?
As for the baseball bat I thought of filling some drinking straws with caulk, let set, remove from straws and cut to size (slanted cuts). Paint and then either drill holes in a plastic or foam bat to wedge the nails in or cut them and glue them on.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a Steve costume right. We have been filming a video for an annual 80’s charity event. I have the Members Only Jacket, Nikes (I’ve worn these for the past 5 years as my everyday shoes), jeans, sweatshirt, wayfarers and of course the hair. I’m dying to get my hair cut but we still have a few more days to shoot.

I got a navy blue Hanes beefy tee, which is the right color and has the wider collar band. At some point I'm going to take the sleeves off, sew the seam across the chest, and reattach the sleeves.

Btw, even though he said the jeans were Wranglers in an interview, a friend of mine actually IDed them as Levi's. I believe they have the red tag on the back pocket, and the stitching on those pockets matches up.

I'm following this thread with interest, I'll be doing Hopper at our local Cons in 2018, and it's cool to see all the other cosplays people are doing.

It will be interesting to see somebody do Season 2 punker Eleven.

Last edited:
I got a navy blue Hanes beefy tee, which is the right color and has the wider collar band. At some point I'm going to take the sleeves off, sew the seam across the chest, and reattach the sleeves.

Btw, even though he said the jeans were Wranglers in an interview, a friend of mine actually IDed them as Levi's. I believe they have the red tag on the back pocket, and the stitching on those pockets matches up.

Interesting, I read that they were Levi somewhere also

The backpack Steve uses has like a leather or vinyl layer on the shoulder strap and you have to pull other straps through rings (like a belt) to wear the pack.
Image.jpg

There are lots of good shots in those middle episodes. It's mostly tan with black straps.

I just looked at it in a couple scenes, it appears to be canvas, a faded/dull/pale Olive Drab (like old faded US Army canvas items look).

Maybe check out backpacks at an Army Surplus store, and replace the straps with black.

While I agree that in the nighttime scenes the color gets a little questionable, in the daylight I definitely think it's a light tan.

38637709575_f447267c6f_o.jpg

You can also just barely see the red Levi's tag on the side of the back pocket of the jeans.

Great shot of the backpack there!

It's a common problem with determining film costume colours, that the costume designers so often go with extremely neutral colours, complex colours, which look different from shot to shot due to their neutrality.

That Steve backpack photo shows, to my eye, something between what I would call "tan" (a light brown often with an ochre cast but lacking any hint of olive) and a faded Olive Drab (which can be very neutral with only the slightest olive cast). I've seen many backpacks that colour at Army Surplus Stores.

I'm also noticing the contrast in colour between his jacket and backpack, the jacket what would be called "khaki" in the US and "stone" in the UK.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back