Upsilon-class command shuttle Kyllo Ren - paper model

berszu

Another project completed over a year ago
Paper model of the Kyllo Ren shuttle from scratch
scale 1:27

tn__16G2017.jpgtn__16G1970.jpgtn__16G1971.jpgtn__16G1980.jpgtn__16G1981.jpgtn__16G1984.jpgtn__16G1986.jpgtn__16G2002.jpgtn__16G2003.jpgtn__16G1966.jpg

Love your work on these large scale ships! The use of cardboard producing such a quality end result shows your level of skill and creativity very well! Think I like this one even more than Krennic's shuttle. Where do you STORE these massive things???

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Love your work on these large scale ships! The use of cardboard producing such a quality end result shows your level of skill and creativity very well! Think I like this one even more than Krennic's shuttle. Where do you STORE these massive things???

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

We store our models with our friends in chests.
And we already have them

tn_20170819_085830.jpg

The film in the background shows the chests in which we store models.
And by the way, Adam I Marek Kulasza, I assemble a four-meter Nebulon

<span lang="en"><span lang="en">

Last edited by a moderator:
The work is amazing! Truly. Better than most (all) styrene versions I've ever seen. But forgive me for asking: why cardboard? What is the advantage to using it as a material over something more durable, like plastic? The results speak for themselves, but I always think "don't get that thing wet!" Wouldn't the model last longer using a different material? How do you work it to make round and curved shapes? Can you sand and putty it? Do you start with just flat sheets? So many questions...

The work is amazing! Truly. Better than most (all) styrene versions I've ever seen. But forgive me for asking: why cardboard? What is the advantage to using it as a material over something more durable, like plastic? The results speak for themselves, but I always think "don't get that thing wet!" Wouldn't the model last longer using a different material? How do you work it to make round and curved shapes? Can you sand and putty it? Do you start with just flat sheets? So many questions...

A lot of questions. :)
I plan to build the latest model from PVC.
I always liked the cardboard.
It is cheap, easily accessible
On this scale and this subject (star wars) there are few modelers in the world who build from cardboard.
The material camouflages my shortcomings as a modeler.
When building from plastic, you have to set a very high level to match the other modelers.
I drive a lot with models around Poland and unfortunately cardboard is a poor material for transport,
so I will try my hand with a plastic artist

www.yavin.pl

I present the report on the construction of the Kylo Ren shuttle

Wings

tn_kylo3 071.jpgtn_kylo3 073.jpgtn_kylo3 076.jpgtn_kylo3 077.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Reinforcement made of PVC pipes

tn_kylo3 015.jpgtn_kylo3 016.jpgtn_kylo3 017.jpgtn_kylo3 019.jpgtn_kylo3 020.jpgtn_kylo3 021.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Lighting with LED diodes

tn_kylo4 008.jpgtn_kylo4 009.jpgtn_kylo4 010.jpgtn_kylo4 011.jpgtn_kylo4 012.jpgtn_kylo4 014.jpgtn_kylo4 015.jpgtn_kylo4 016.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

The transport wings will be folded out

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back