Blade Runner 2049 Officer K badge wallet

That's good information. I had a small wire break on my prototype model, so I had to use the larger wallet to complete version 1. Here it is without the clear wrap around the sides.

View attachment 789154

I like it! Is there a way to enlarge the image to eliminate the border? Is it uploaded on an SD card? I’m assuming this is a file you be made in illustrator or similar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got the file from Birdie's ad on Etsy (thanks Birdie) and I don't think I can enlarge it without distorting the image. The image is uploaded via micro-usb and that's the same way the screen is charged. I reinforced everything with electrical tape and now I just need to figure out how to secure the vinyl wrap.

I cut a little slit in the side to fit the charger. Here's how it charges:

back2.jpegback.jpeg

Thats coming along very nicely. Is there anyway you can dim the brightness of the screen at all?

I`m starting to think that the clear vinyl wrap has been stitched in between the two extra thick pieces of leather on the screen used. There is a shot of the backside of K`s wallet when he closes it after showing it to the orphanage runner and theres no clear vinyl showing on the back.

Thats coming along very nicely. Is there anyway you can dim the brightness of the screen at all?

I`m starting to think that the clear vinyl wrap has been stitched in between the two extra thick pieces of leather on the screen used. There is a shot of the backside of K`s wallet when he closes it after showing it to the orphanage runner and theres no clear vinyl showing on the back.

I haven't found any options for the screen other than uploading the pic. It looks pretty good in lower light. I have to look for that backside shot again, I don't remember it. I was think of using black staples to simulate the black stitching.

Last edited:

I think you might be right - the stitching holding the leather together doesn't look like it came out of a factory. I think there may have been an extra piece of leather inserted around the edges on the ID side to make more room for the backlight effect too.

I think you might be right - the stitching holding the leather together doesn't look like it came out of a factory. I think there may have been an extra piece of leather inserted around the edges on the ID side to make more room for the backlight effect too.

The wallet used is very much custom made for the film. A side shot shows it clearly double, maybe even three layers thick to that of a regular wallet. IMHO.

Here's Version 1.0. I experimenting with the vinyl wrap and black staples. This was just a quick, and rather sloppy, build. I'm going to use a thicker wrap and tape the sides of the exposed screen to hide the excess glow.

v1a.jpegv1b.jpeg

Looking spectacular. You can just cut out a frame for the ID with a thin section of black heavy paper and slide it in to finish that part off.

You have nearly inspired me to go all out and have a custom wallet made for replica. Once you have everything to your liking, please let us know all the details on the electronics side of things.

Is that badge from "Birdie?" How are you lighting your
ID?
No I got the badge originally from someone on Etsy (paid too much maybe)
The lighting is an ePanel from Adafruit. It uses a coin cell battery. My intention was to make a small cut and route the battery holder/switch behind the wallet.
I got the wallet from a place online called LA Police Gear.

Great stuff guys, you got my juices flowing. Now just a thought, what if the ID was printed on just plain white paper? The good thing about that is it should act as a natural light diffuser and remove the glare and keep the back lighting.

Great stuff guys, you got my juices flowing. Now just a thought, what if the ID was printed on just plain white paper? The good thing about that is it should act as a natural light diffuser and remove the glare and keep the back lighting.

Would the light drown out the color?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back