Blade Runner 2049 Officer K badge wallet

MAJSmith

Sr Member
I'm starting my Officer K badge and ID build. I have a couple of badges from Gordon Gekko and I'm waiting on one from Birdie. I will be using a 4.3" mini video screen from Sound Expression Greetings on Amazon (whenever it comes in) for the backlit ID card (still need a good digital image), and 12-gauge vinyl sheeting for the wrap. I'm using these two images as a reference for the build and I'm still looking for a decent badge holder. The badge holder in the movie looks really thick and the closest I've found so far is the Duty Leather Book Style from Badge & Wallet .com, which comes pre-cut for the LAPD-style badges. Is anyone else building a badge/ID combo? Does anyone have a high-quality digital image of the ID?

https://www.badgeandwallet.com/badge-wallet/duty-leather-book-style-id-badge-case

IMG_4247a.jpgIMG_4239a.jpg

Interested in seeing how this turns out for you

If I had a desktop/laptop I’d be going the same route for the ID. Seems like a cool idea

As the badge is covered by a clear plastic window I am going to use this wallet...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/LEATHER-DOUBLE-ID-HOLDER-WALLET-BG122/361302175106?epid=1573208963&hash=item541f49ad82:g:tp4AAMXQfvlSi72F

The picture on the page is out of date and the new version has two holes in the clear plastic which can be seen in the third picture. I am going to modify this be removing the clear plastic with holes and replace it with new clear plastic. The wallets are so cheap that this is not a major hassle. I have some spare wallet leather lying around so can cut out the outline of the badge and use it as an insert. Hope this helps.

Yeah, that looks pretty good. The plastic looks like it wraps around the ends and to the back. Any idea if this is one continuous piece of plastic attached on both sides or does each piece wrap around and connect to each side?

I`m not going to bother wrapping the plastic around the wallet as I would have to see the original in much better detail. I think this is a good compromise until Gordon has the time to get his wallets fully up and running.

This holder may be closer to what you're looking for, Mr Webber. Rounded edges, and no holes in the vinyl. It's what I'm getting to complete mine. Slightly more expensive.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ASR-Federa...le-ID-Holder-Fits-2-Standard-IDs/232578662612

Cheers, I have that style wallet already for some other replicas, the thing with those ones is that they are a little too long for this project and also they want $30US just to ship one.:lol. The one with the holes I plan to remove the stitching and get rid of the clear plastic alltogether and replace it with a no holes plastic, then just have it stitched up again. It also has the advantage of being able to punch out the extra line of tiny holes that can be seen on the original.

I finally received the Sound Expressions greeting card screens and I'm continuing with this build. They have a magnetic "on" switch, so it will switch on as soon as the wallet is opened. Here it is with the ID loaded. I don't believe this is the most accurate image of the ID. If anyone has a more accurate one, could you please post it here?

ID1.jpeg

That looks like a good replica ID image. I don't think we have a better one. There's one in the art book, but it's pretty low-rez. This was posted in one of the other threads by someone else:

Attachments

• 65000b70-a07b-4c25-ad2a-28e7b9d8abdd.jpg
    65000b70-a07b-4c25-ad2a-28e7b9d8abdd.jpg
    490.8 KB · Views: 854
How can I a screen like that? I was trying an e-panel from Adafuit but it doesn't light up enough. Is there someplace that explains how to load an image on one? Sorry about the stupid questions I've never tried making something like this before.

How can I a screen like that? I was trying an e-panel from Adafuit but it doesn't light up enough. Is there someplace that explains how to load an image on one? Sorry about the stupid questions I've never tried making something like this before.

The screens I have load images via USB.

Has anyone figured out the correct ID size to order at Badgeandwallet.com? I'm guessing the ID itself is credit card sized, but that is not an available option. Thanks.

Has anyone figured out the correct ID size to order at Badgeandwallet.com? I'm guessing the ID itself is credit card sized, but that is not an available option. Thanks.

Ok, my first wallet is in and the construction is great, but the ID size is WAY off. Pictures posted below. You can see what I ordered and how it fits with both Gekkos badge, a drivers license-style ID, and the screen in the earlier pic. The badge fits pretty well, with some room to spare. The ID size ordered is 3” x 4 ½”, but the actual size of the visible window is 2 ¾” by 4 x ⅜”.

ID.jpegscreen.jpegBadge.jpeg

Last edited:
That's good information. I had a small wire break on my prototype model, so I had to use the larger wallet to complete version 1. Here it is without the clear wrap around the sides.

V1.jpeg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back