Build Rey's new saber contest now closed for entries

Re: Build Rey's new saber contest now underway

My dad wants to join too, but he doesn't have an account so whatever haha. I could post pics of his saber with mine if that would work.

Build Rey's new saber contest now underway

My dad wants to join too, but he doesn't have an account so whatever haha. I could post pics of his saber with mine if that would work.
Well, people are allowed to submit more than one design so I see no reason why you can’t enter something on behalf of someone else.

Still super excited to see what everyone comes up with!

Made good progress today, apart from all the mishaps, broken drill bits, crap cutting discs for the dremmel, spent saber crystals bought from a scoundrel, my sail barge crashing after scavenging parts off it for the saber and to top it off I broke a nail, but any how I’m certain I’m looking at the winner here so don’t bother with your builds and submitting them ( cough cough ) the less entered the better for me I suppose !!!!

I am doing one last update now. I will place new entries on the list as well. Time is now running out. Last day to submit is next Sunday.

All photos must be sent to Drew by Sunday Feb. 25th as agreed earlier by us all. The last weekend in Feb.

mailto:drewdrewit+rey@gmail.com

up to 3 photos max.
Brief descriptions only. Please keep it at a short paragraph to save on time and room on the thread. Let the photos speak for themselves.

Remember, once the voting is over, you can add as many photos as you want and post any descriptions you want.

Re: Build Rey's new saber contest LAST WEEK TO SUBMIT PICS

I'm all finished, sent photos to Drew. Please read the first page to make sure I put your names on the list. PM me if you don't see your name. Send pics anyway. I will add you.

For those of you that still want in, time is running out! All pics MUST be sent to Drew by next Sunday the 25th. If you feel that's enough time , you'e welcome to join in.

How's everyone else making out?

I guess everyone is hard at it. I thought I would see some replies.

I wonder how many sabers will look the same. After all, we seem to have a common view when it comes to lightsabers. Very excited to see what we all come up with.

I already finished mine in post #223!

I'm also very excited to see them! And I wonder too how different they'll be!

I wonder how many sabers will look the same. After all, we seem to have a common view when it comes to lightsabers. Very excited to see what we all come up with.
unless you have built a cup and saucer saber with a dainty little tea spoon for the belt hanger, then it will look like mine !!! I’m a Brit, Daisy is a Brit !! So why not build a British cup of tea saber !!!!

I would like to enter the contest.
I will add you to the list. Pics must be sent to Drew by next sunday. I see you're new. Please read this post for all the rules and how to send photos.

While waiting for my most recent error to turn into a quirky, cherished, feature I realize we are in the home stretch of procrastination. The time of greatest "anticipointment - the expectation or anticipation of one thing, only to be disappointed by the final result. (A term I will credit to first seeing in an article about learning from failure penned by one Lucy Rogers).

Since I have not participated in any rpf events such as this, this led me to thinking if there are any rules for our contest voting. Will this be in the Australia style of mandatory voting? The American style of an Electoral College? I assume Drew will post the submitted entries with random identifiers. Then do we each get one vote, vote for ourselves, and end up with a twenty-three way tie? Do we get to vote but not for ourselves? Do we remain "above it all" and not allow creators to vote at all to keep our creative karma pure and separate from the crass promotion of our art to the exploitation of the popular vote and allow the four people who are following this thread who are not submitting entries decide our fate? Finally how long to the polls remain open? Just procrastinating, uh I mean wondering.

I'm nearly done but won't get time for photos till sat anyway so pics will be sent then :)
As for voting I had no intention of voting for myself, I assumed that is against the spirit of the thing?

While waiting for my most recent error to turn into a quirky, cherished, feature I realize we are in the home stretch of procrastination. The time of greatest "anticipointment - the expectation or anticipation of one thing, only to be disappointed by the final result. (A term I will credit to first seeing in an article about learning from failure penned by one Lucy Rogers).

Since I have not participated in any rpf events such as this, this led me to thinking if there are any rules for our contest voting. Will this be in the Australia style of mandatory voting? The American style of an Electoral College? I assume Drew will post the submitted entries with random identifiers. Then do we each get one vote, vote for ourselves, and end up with a twenty-three way tie? Do we get to vote but not for ourselves? Do we remain "above it all" and not allow creators to vote at all to keep our creative karma pure and separate from the crass promotion of our art to the exploitation of the popular vote and allow the four people who are following this thread who are not submitting entries decide our fate? Finally how long to the polls remain open? Just procrastinating, uh I mean wondering.
If this goes like the rest of the contests I have seen, there will be a lot of members voting on the work. The entire reason for a moderator was to take away the popular vote. Those that get a lot of attention will be unknown till the voting is over. Let's face it. There are those that can post a picture of a potato chip and get 100 likes, and those that post nice credible work and go with no real feedback or ignored.

I'm guessing the entries would be numbered and we can just vote that way. I plan on voting myself. I would just act like mine isn't there and choose the one I like best. Besides, once the voting is over, the members will be revealed and it would look funny seeing your vote on your own saber:rolleyes

- - - Updated - - -

I'm nearly done but won't get time for photos till sat anyway so pics will be sent then :)
As for voting I had no intention of voting for myself, I assumed that is against the spirit of the thing?
I'm glad your going to make it.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back