Build Rey's new saber contest now closed for entries

Re: Who's up for a new saber contest? Warning, possible spoilers

I will update the title in the thread tomorrow and begin the sign up list as well.

Re: Build Rey's new saber contest Taking entries

Updated and room for more. I have added interested parties with a needed confirmation as well

Little confused how it going to work?

So we start building after date is set but cant post anything even on this thread till its finished, and even then we send pics to a neutral member who posts them all at once?

is that right?

Little confused how it going to work?

So we start building after date is set but cant post anything even on this thread till its finished, and even then we send pics to a neutral member who posts them all at once?

is that right?
correct. We will submitt a couple of photos and brief description to a neutral member Once the time is up. This will help keep favoritism at bay. Keep as many wip photos as you want, but just hold them till later.

OK I think I'm in,
I've always fancied turning a new hilt design out of wood but didn't see the point until now :)

I would like to get around 20 members in on this. Getting closer.

Its going to be short periods of work due to the single digit temps here in the midwest

Are we going to say every part of this must be a new design?

As she still has the busted saber our versions could if we wanted to, possibly, recycle some parts from said saber.

For instance can a button only similar to, but not exactly like a graflex button? or is that ok?

I don't have any opinion either way or even access to real/replica parts, but would just like to know if its better to think of her as not having the skywalker saber still at all.

Does that make sense, am i overthinking this?

Are we going to say every part of this must be a new design?

As she still has the busted saber our versions could if we wanted to, possibly, recycle some parts from said saber.

For instance can a button only similar to, but not exactly like a graflex button? or is that ok?

I don't have any opinion either way or even access to real/replica parts, but would just like to know if its better to think of her as not having the skywalker saber still at all.

Does that make sense, am i overthinking this?

It's your freedom as a designer! No rules from a design point of view. It wouldn't be a design contest if there are rules like that! But please don't give away your ideas here!

Really want to confirm, but it really does depend on when we decide the deadline will be. I will be out of town a big part of February.

If I say yes and timing doesn't work, can I back out? I have a really solid idea for this.....

-david

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back