Build Rey's new saber contest now closed for entries

Re: Build Rey's new saber contest LAST WEEK TO SUBMIT PICS

I assumed anyone on the forum could vote. I was kind of hoping that a lot of non-contributors would be voting. There are a lot of lightsaber fans out there, not just the 20-some of us that participated. I'd be disappointed if we were the only voters. I, personally, had planned not to vote as a contributor.

I assumed anyone on the forum could vote. I was kind of hoping that a lot of non-contributors would be voting. There are a lot of lightsaber fans out there, not just the 20-some of us that participated. I'd be disappointed if we were the only voters. I, personally, had planned not to vote as a contributor.
once the photos are uploaded, I will change the title again to " now voting " so the attention will be brought back to this contest. Feel free to vote on another saber, it's all in good fun.

While waiting for my most recent error to turn into a quirky, cherished, feature I realize we are in the home stretch of procrastination. The time of greatest "anticipointment - the expectation or anticipation of one thing, only to be disappointed by the final result. (A term I will credit to first seeing in an article about learning from failure penned by one Lucy Rogers).

Since I have not participated in any rpf events such as this, this led me to thinking if there are any rules for our contest voting. Will this be in the Australia style of mandatory voting? The American style of an Electoral College? I assume Drew will post the submitted entries with random identifiers. Then do we each get one vote, vote for ourselves, and end up with a twenty-three way tie? Do we get to vote but not for ourselves? Do we remain "above it all" and not allow creators to vote at all to keep our creative karma pure and separate from the crass promotion of our art to the exploitation of the popular vote and allow the four people who are following this thread who are not submitting entries decide our fate? Finally how long to the polls remain open? Just procrastinating, uh I mean wondering.
Actually, after re reading this, there are some interesting points here. I'm all for contributed voting as long as we don't vote for ourselves, however, maybe everyone should have a say in this. Also, the duration off voting should be agreed on. Great points here. What does everyone else think?

I think it's easier if contributors don't vote. I think a minimum of two weeks to vote. Not everyone comes to the site everyday. Voting aside, the more people that see the work the better!

2 weeks is fine. I think we can all be trusted to vote, just not for ourselves. Since the prize is bragging rights there's nothing to truly win by cheating.

Yes, let us vote, but not on our own. Makes sense. We hope a lot of people will vote, but we shouldn't exclude ourselves from voting and have less votes as a result.

I'd say let the whole community vote...

If not.. then why have it be on the forum? (it can have been done privately)

I understand the reason for anonymity for the submission process (so no one knows who made what and cant have their fans/friends vote.. just for because)....

but limiting the votes to just those who entered seems a little narrow.

good luck.

Looking forward to seeing all the entries....good luck everyone :p

Just one more decision to make....

Screws or rivets :)

Two weeks sounds fine btw.

How will the voting work? Post a comment saying which build were voting on? Send a PM to someone who can verify/count the votes?

Also I think it might be better to start a new thread for all of the entries to be posted in, with all the voting rules posted at the top.

Otherwise people who haven’t been following this thread will have to wade through 11+ pages which might result in less people willing to participate.

2 weeks sounds like a decent amount of time for the vote, I personally would like to vote for somebody, I think Anonymity would be preferable as not to sway the vote in any way on a members name or favouritism to said builder ( just in case I don’t get a vote ) (THE EMBARRASSMENT OF IT) numbered sabers would work for me and open to the complete forum for all to see would be great.

A new vote thread would also be an easier way to see them and vote for your favourite

I have seen several good ideas. I believe everyone should vote and we should encourage everyone on the forum to participate. I like the idea of a separate thread for just the entries, as that even further separates the individual creators from their creations. This thread could be updated to point anyone who has seen this thread to the new one. I also like the idea keeping the vote tally private until the polls close at the end of the two week voting period via private pm or whatever process makes sense.

I think a new post with ONLY pics/submissions is a good idea (clear the chit-chat from the entries)

Does this forum allows POLLS? (I have never looked/tried).. LOL

I think it would be nice if the winner received/commissioned a commemorative plaque that read something like this:

Star Wars
Episode IX
Rey's Lightsaber
(Concept)
RPF Competition Winner 2018

You could then do the competition every year - I'm sure there'd be enough films or other material to keep designing new sabers for.

I think it would be nice if the winner received/commissioned a commemorative plaque that read something like this:

Star Wars
Episode IX
Rey's Lightsaber
(Concept)
RPF Competition Winner 2018

You could then do the competition every year - I'm sure there'd be enough films or other material to keep designing new sabers for.

I love this idea!

I’ve built it but I’m just not 100% happy with it, I’ve got a lot of looking at it to do over the next couple of days

Got most of my parts cut/printed and sanded. Just need to paint and assemble the thing and I'll have it done faster than a barefoot jackrabbit on a hot greasy griddle in the middle of August...

"Okay Sandy Thanks!" [Nerd points if you get it]

Also, my Dad's saber will be posted on his new account (SKratzer) so I only will have one saber for my entry FYI.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back