Build Rey's new saber contest now closed for entries

kevin926

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
If you haven't seen the movie, stop reading and back away " unless you want spoilers that is" :rolleyes

Ok. So now that we moved on, here we go.

As we all know, poor poor Rey had her saber broken in two. She needs a new one. So I was thinking, why can't we help design her new lightsaber. Of course its' all in fun and wouldn't really become hers. There are no prizes " unless someone wants to donate something"

I was thinking this could be completely open with zero limits. This could be made of any material or design plastic, metal, wood, cast, 3d print , machined or made from found parts. Heck, you can carve it from soap if you want to :lol

The only proposed rules I have would be to stay off favoritism. Therfore, no posting ideas here or in your build threads until the contest is over.

We will need a mediator to post photos sent by each member that participates and then be voted on.

I'm thinking a six week limit for the build once we begin.

I am just throwing this out there, so if someone thinks more rules should be made, simply post your ideas.

This is it, Deadline has passed. Please be patient, Drew will need some time to upload the pics. Everyone is excited, you're not alone, they will be up soon enough :lol

jjohnson916
halliwax
seths
sundowner
Cameron
vader1974
13doctorwho
kevin926
roygilsing
Spacebob
Spiderphantom5
bradberry00
UkkosTrombone
Dirtybrush
murdered
steaksause
Fiveliter8
bengrim09
smithjohnj
greenie
cornbread
followedsphere
user-offline.png
3 CELL PO
ThePropsPerson
CAKComedyProps
PAULH
ThatSpoiler
SKratzer

Last edited:
Re: Who's up for a new saber contest? Warning, possible spoilers

If you haven't seen the movie, stop reading and back away " unless you want spoilers that is" :rolleyes

Ok. So now that we moved on, here we go.

As we all know, poor poor Rey had her saber broken in two. She needs a new one. So I was thinking, why can't we help design her new lightsaber. Of course its' all in fun and wouldn't really become hers. There are no prizes " unless someone wants to donate something"

I was thinking this could be completely open with zero limits. This could be made of any material or design plastic, metal, wood, cast, 3d print , machined or made from found parts. Heck, you can carve it from soap if you want to [emoji38]

The only proposed rules I have would be to stay off favoritism. Therfore, no posting ideas here or in your build threads until the contest is over.

We will need a mediator to post photos sent by each member that participates and then be voted on.

I'm thinking a six week limit for the build once we begin.

I am just throwing this out there, so if someone thinks more rules should be made, simply post your ideas.

So, who's up for the fun challenge,?
This would be something fun to do. Let me give it some more thought? Very intriguing though

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

I’m in so long as people can give a little reason to their design. Lots of people build custom sabers and could just throw down anything. If we get thought and intent with Rey in mind, I’m in.

I’m in so long as people can give a little reason to their design. Lots of people build custom sabers and could just throw down anything. If we get thought and intent with Rey in mind, I’m in.
How would we build with Rey in mind? Just need something to get the old wheels turning

Yes, exactly. This must be a new saber and not one put together from a past build that was shown before. I was thinking a description would be a must but should be sent in with the photos when completed.

- - - Updated - - -

How would we build with Rey in mind? Just need something to get the old wheels turning

we all know Rey. Keep it simple or complex if you choose. Example would be, made to fit her hands for starters

Yes, exactly. This must be a new saber and not one put together from a past build that was shown before. I was thinking a description would be a must but should be sent in with the photos when completed.

- - - Updated - - -

we all know Rey. Keep it simple or complex if you choose. Example would be, made to fit her hands for starters
Oh ok. I'm in. Definitely down for this. A six week limit sounds like plenty of time to design and build a saber

Rey is an orphan, a scavenger, and tough as hell. She has great potential, but t her loneliness gets in the way. She wants a family, she wants to belong, but she also knows she has a higher calling. She has an innate sense of right and wrong.

If people build sabers working of something there, or something else, it would be cool. I just would like to see intent. Like, an engraved leather-wrapped KOTOR style saber doesn’t speak to Rey, but somebody could throw that in as an entry cause it’s what they like/have.

I just think it would be cool if people played concept artist to an extent and had some narrative thought in their design.

Rey is an orphan, a scavenger, and tough as hell. She has great potential, but t her loneliness gets in the way. She wants a family, she wants to belong, but she also knows she has a higher calling. She has an innate sense of right and wrong.

If people build sabers working of something there, or something else, it would be cool. I just would like to see intent. Like, an engraved leather-wrapped KOTOR style saber doesn’t speak to Rey, but somebody could throw that in as an entry cause it’s what they like/have.

I just think it would be cool if people played concept artist to an extent and had some narrative thought in their design.
This is the exact attitude and approach I was hoping for. :cheers

This is the exact attitude and approach I was hoping for. :cheers
I think we should wait a couple days to get the work out and choose a start date. Then get to it

I think we should wait a couple days to get the work out and choose a start date. Then get to it

Agreed. I'm hoping for atleast 10 to 20 members. Once we get a number of entries, we can give it a week or so to let others join in and set the start date.

THANKS A LOT KEVIN I HAVENT SEEN THE MOVIE YET!!! j/k!!! lol

im down! whats the rules?!?

Yes, can you make an updated list of the rules

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back