Build Rey's new saber contest now closed for entries

Re: Build Rey's new saber contest LAST WEEK TO SUBMIT PICS

Tick tick tick tock !!!
The pressure is on, the wife is giving me an ear bashing ( GET READY FOR THE CHRISTENING)
Holes drilled, on button fixed, Re-primed and drying, top coat and reassemble to do later
Now to get ready and go

Re: Build Rey's new saber contest LAST WEEK TO SUBMIT PICS

Might be an idea to see if we can get the voting page put on the RPF friendface feed? or is it bookface...

I dont go on there much but I'm told it's still quite the thing with lots of normal humans :)

Re: Build Rey's new saber contest LAST DAY TO SUBMIT PICS

Ok, so once today is over, pics will take time to upload. They will go on the voting thread that I have already posted. I'm also guessing there won't be much chatter on this page once the voting has begun. Let's end this thread with a bang:p

Let me start by saying it has been an honor and pleasure to show off our sabers and work together as we have. It's all in good fun. I wish everyone the best of luck.

Here's to everyone that participated :cheers

Now hurry up and get those pics over to Drew!

I thought there might’ve been some banter on here while the voting was on, but if not I would just like to thank you all for a great comp and wish you all the very best of luck,

also I would just like to practice my thank you speech !!

( cough cough ) I would just like to thank my beautiful and understanding wife for allowing me to mess up the dining room table for the last couple of weeks This award goes to you my love xxx !!!!

Well it’s a start and positive thinking never hurt anybody
:lol

Ta dahhh !!!
finished !! phew:facepalm
Decisions Decisions, so many photos, I can’t choose the best that shows it off the best

Hi everyone,

Thanks to everyone who's sent in entries for being easy to work with. (Again, I've responded to every submission that's come in. If you haven't gotten a response from your email PM me, or email without attachments, and we'll work it out.)

Regarding cut off time, doing my freelance illustration I always took a Sunday deadline to really mean it had to be there when the AD checked their email Monday morning. I'm not going to hold you all to a higher standard.

My plan is to post in the following format:

----------

Entry A (B, C, D, etc...)

<Builder's comments>

<Photos>

----------

I think that will be simple and straightforward.

Is there a way voting is usually done? If it were left to me I'd guess open voting via comments in the voting thread would be easiest to manage, but I'm happy to defer to a better system.

Thanks!

I think a good way to do it would be with a poll. You may have seen voting threads here like that in the past. I’ve never set one up but I hear it’s easy.

There are still a lot of photos that are in need of submission. I know of a couple members pulling out. I hope everything is OK with the rest of you and still on pace to send in your photos today.

A quick reminder: please email submissions -- 3 photos and short commentary on design and/or construction -- to drewdrewit+rey@gmail.com . The email address is important so my filter can file them properly. Entries sent to my regular email address might slip through the cracks. Thanks!

Just sent in my saber... may have went a little overboard on the builder comments but whatever.

Just sent in my saber... may have went a little overboard on the builder comments but whatever.
I’ve saved my build comments for a separate build thread as I’ve took photos along the way, I’ve just given a brief description of my thoughts on why she would have and build this saber,
I really hope other builders are going to do separate build threads as I would love to see how all the other sabers are built, I would like to see how the established and more seasoned professionals do it as I’m a newbie to sabers

I’ve saved my build comments for a separate build thread as I’ve took photos along the way, I’ve just given a brief description of my thoughts on why she would have and build this saber,
I really hope other builders are going to do separate build threads as I would love to see how all the other sabers are built, I would like to see how the established and more seasoned professionals do it as I’m a newbie to sabers
I didn’t take many pictures but I might do a thread doing a showcase on it and how I did it rather than a full build thread.

I just sent my submission to Drew. Since photography is even less of a skill for me than saber building, it took a lot longer than i planned to get things together. Good luck to all. i have enjoyed the build.

Am I the only one who is being killed by suspense? I think my left mouse button is about to fall off from clicking refresh too many times on the voting page, lol. Can't wait to see 'em all!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back