Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
Subscribe
    Jan 6, 2018, 9:23 AM - Re: Build Rey's new saber contest Taking entries #101

ThatSpoiler said: View Post
    If there's any more room on the list, I'll totally build a lightsaber! Count me in!

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
    yes, welcome

- - - Updated - - -

Drew Baker said: View Post
    Are there any best practices or unspoken rules for taking on that responsibility? I won't be part of the build contest and it sounds like something I could do, but I don't want to make a mess of things.
    nothing to mess up, just post files from members. That would be great if you are willing. Thank you
  2. Member Since
    Nov 2011
    From
    TN
    Jan 6, 2018, 10:18 AM - Re: Build Rey's new saber contest Taking entries #102

I'll try a build as well. Sounds like a great idea!
  3. Member Since
    Jun 2017
    From
    Minneapolis, MN
    Jan 6, 2018, 7:21 PM - Re: Build Rey's new saber contest Taking entries #103

kevin926 said: View Post
    you forgot the duct tape
    I was totally about to photoshop duct tape on one! Beat me to the joke!
    From
    Irvine California
    Jan 6, 2018, 8:10 PM - Re: Build Rey's new saber contest Taking entries #104

The only thing I will add is try to keep control of the show off thread. I’d make it no comments so it is easier for everyone to see the entries. Also limit the pics to 2-3.
    Last edited by Cameron; Jan 7, 2018 at 3:42 PM.
    From
    Rochester, NY
    Jan 7, 2018, 1:23 PM - Re: Build Rey's new saber contest Taking entries #105

Okay, I'll collect and post photos. You can email them to me at drewdrewit+rey@gmail.com .
    From
    Portchester UK
    Jan 7, 2018, 2:22 PM - Re: Build Rey's new saber contest Taking entries #106

Seeing as we have effectively now started, is there an end date yet?
    From
    Irvine California
    Jan 7, 2018, 3:43 PM - Re: Build Rey's new saber contest Taking entries #107

My opinion is give everyone at least 30 Days.

- - - Updated - - -

Will you be setting it up as a voting thread?
    Jan 7, 2018, 3:50 PM - Re: Build Rey's new saber contest Taking entries #108

Okay, I'll collect and post photos. You can email them to me at drewdrewit+rey@gmail.com .
    thank you. I have been meaning to send you a pm, however I have been down with a cold. I will be in touch

- - - Updated - - -

Cameron said: View Post
    My opinion is give everyone at least 30 Days.

- - - Updated - - -

Will you be setting it up as a voting thread?
    we were going 6 weeks to give plenty of time. Also the cold weather states need help and time for painting. And yes, there will be a voting pole on this page.

- - - Updated - - -

spacebob said: View Post
    Seeing as we have effectively now started, is there an end date yet?
    not yet, but yes, we need to figure that out. Let's give it till Sunday and then agree on an end date.

- - - Updated - - -

Cameron said: View Post
    The only thing I will add is try to keep control of the show off thread. I’d make it no comments so it is easier for everyone to see the entries. Also limit the pics to 2-3.
    that is why I asked for a non participating member to post pics. 2 or 3 was the limit plus a brief text description
    From
    Irvine California
    Jan 7, 2018, 5:40 PM - Re: Build Rey's new saber contest Taking entries #109

Perhaps update the first post with all these details so folks like me that miss those posts in the thread know what’s up. Great job so far! Looking forward to seeing and building.
  10. RPF Premium Member kevin926's Avatar
    Jan 7, 2018, 7:53 PM - Re: Build Rey's new saber contest Taking entries #110

Sorry guys, I've been under the weather. Give me some time to clear up and I will post updates.
    From
    Portland, OR
    Jan 8, 2018, 9:28 AM - Re: Build Rey's new saber contest Taking entries #111

I'm in. Have some great parts laying around that jump out at me to use.
    Jan 10, 2018, 11:54 AM - Re: Build Rey's new saber contest Taking entries #112

Just so I have this straight, we are sending Drew pictures of the completed saber along with a writeup, then, after voting is done, we can post build progressions, correct?
  13. RPF Premium Member kevin926's Avatar
    Jan 10, 2018, 3:54 PM - Re: Build Rey's new saber contest Taking entries #113

fiveliter8 said: View Post
    Just so I have this straight, we are sending Drew pictures of the completed saber along with a writeup, then, after voting is done, we can post build progressions, correct?
    yes,but only after the voting results are in. Otherwise this would defeat the purpose of a non participating member posting for us
  14. RPF Premium Member halliwax's Avatar
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    Jan 10, 2018, 4:40 PM - Re: Build Rey's new saber contest Taking entries #114

Is there an official start date yet? We we start gathering parts now? Or do we have to wait for the start day?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. RPF Premium Member kevin926's Avatar
    Jan 10, 2018, 5:05 PM - Re: Build Rey's new saber contest Taking entries #115

halliwax said: View Post
    Is there an official start date yet? We we start gathering parts now? Or do we have to wait for the start day?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think we agreed there doesn't have to be a start date. Too many factors this time of year for weather and climate changes plus it can give others the opportunity to join in as long as they finish by the end on time . But we do need to set a due by date. I think we can start voting on the final date on sunday.
    Jan 10, 2018, 5:25 PM - Re: Build Rey's new saber contest Taking entries #116

kevin926 said: View Post
    I think we agreed there doesn't have to be a start date. Too many factors this time of year for weather and climate changes plus it can give others the opportunity to join in as long as they finish by the end on time . But we do need to set a due by date. I think we can start voting on the final date on sunday.
    This thread has already been going for two weeks and we still haven't gotten an end date. We should get that figured out ASAP

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk
  17. RPF Premium Member kevin926's Avatar
    Jan 10, 2018, 5:59 PM - Re: Build Rey's new saber contest Taking entries #117

jjohnson916 said: View Post
    This thread has already been going for two weeks and we still haven't gotten an end date. We should get that figured out ASAP

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk
    Sunday will decide the end date. Anxious you are.
  18. RPF Premium Member kevin926's Avatar
    Jan 12, 2018, 5:54 PM - Re: Build Rey's new saber contest Taking entries #118

Ok people. Let's begin voting on a deadline. I would like to have one by Sunday the 14th. Also, I think we already agreed that there didn't need to be a start date. This will give everyone the head start to help out with paint finishing for those in harsh cold weather climates, as well as those with heavy commitments.

Once we have the end date, this doesn't mean that the entries have been cut off. You are still welcome to enter, however, you must still finish and submit your entries by the deadline.

Alright. Let the voting begin.
  19. RPF Premium Member Bengrim09's Avatar
    From
    Uk Lancashire
    Jan 12, 2018, 6:07 PM - Re: Build Rey's new saber contest Taking entries #119

6 weeks from Sunday 14th jan brings the end date to Sunday 25th of feb

works for me as Iíve just today started scavenging new parts. Also Iíve got another week of tax returns to get done

We are emailing our 3 pic entries with a brief description to Drew Baker ? At drewdrewit+rey@gmail.com
  20. RPF Premium Member Bengrim09's Avatar
    From
    Uk Lancashire
    Jan 12, 2018, 6:13 PM - Re: Build Rey's new saber contest Taking entries #120

Can we see an updated entry list on post 1 as I would love to see who’s in
  21. RPF Premium Member kevin926's Avatar
    Jan 12, 2018, 7:30 PM - Re: Build Rey's new saber contest Taking entries #121

Bengrim09 said: View Post
    Can we see an updated entry list on post 1 as I would love to see who’s in
    yes, the list will be updated along with the deadline on Sunday
  22. RPF Premium Member roygilsing's Avatar
    From
    Rotterdam, the Netherlands
    Jan 13, 2018, 2:08 AM - Build Rey's new saber contest Taking entries #122

I'm OK with six weeks and the deadline on the last Sunday in February. I have started sketching and collecting parts and I'll be done way earlier. But I'm fine with that.
  23. RPF Premium Member kevin926's Avatar
    Jan 13, 2018, 9:38 AM - Re: Build Rey's new saber contest Taking entries #123

Need more votes on the date
    From
    Los Angeles
    Jan 13, 2018, 9:58 AM - Re: Build Rey's new saber contest Taking entries #124

This is being over-thought. Let’s just pick a date. The end of Feb is plenty of time.
  25. RPF Premium Member kevin926's Avatar
    Jan 13, 2018, 10:12 AM - Re: Build Rey's new saber contest Taking entries #125

Yes, this is being over thought a little bit, however I just wanted to make sure everyone is cool with it. The last weekend in February is fine with me.

Now please understand , Drew is taking on a major picture dump so we need to be patient with his results and delivery time. He has graciously given up some of his free time to do this for us. I will let him chime in and share his thoughts.

A big thankyou to Drew

- - - Updated - - -

Now what are you people doing, get back to work! The clock is ticking