Build Rey's new saber contest now closed for entries

Re: Build Rey's new saber contest Taking entries

So, no sabers that have been part of a contest before, or no sabers that have been posted anywhere at all before?

It's your freedom as a designer! No rules from a design point of view. It wouldn't be a design contest if there are rules like that! But please don't give away your ideas here!
yes, what roy said . I would be surprised if I didn't see some recycled parts. But also hush hush till the reveal :lol

- - - Updated - - -

So, no sabers that have been part of a contest before, or no sabers that have been posted anywhere at all before?
correct. This would be a new saber dedicated for Rey.

- - - Updated - - -

Really want to confirm, but it really does depend on when we decide the deadline will be. I will be out of town a big part of February.

If I say yes and timing doesn't work, can I back out? I have a really solid idea for this.....

-david
It's a just for fun contest, so yes. You can back out if needed.

Do we want to cap this at 20 or should we go for more. We are at 14 plus 1 that needs confirmation

So excited about this! I hadn’t even thought about what Rey’s new saber would look like! Should we document our builds and post all the progress pics after it’s over?

I don't see why it needs to be capped either. There's no entry fee and no prizes, so there's really no reason to limit it. Anyone that can be ready by the deadline should be able to participate. That also helps if people that have committed run into life problems (car repairs, family events, medical stuff, etc.) and drop out. I am happy to see as many great ideas as people are willing to share!!!

The only reason I'm saying we should go cap it is because it seems like we just keep waiting for new members. We don't need to cap it, we just need to start it

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

I'm in, my Brother and I have been talking about ideas ever since we saw the movie when it came out. I'd like to take a crack at it.

So excited about this! I hadn’t even thought about what Rey’s new saber would look like! Should we document our builds and post all the progress pics after it’s over?
definitely keep a wip log. But post after this has ended. I'm sure there will be plenty of interest to see how we made each saber.

The more the merrier is fine by me. If you want to start now, that's fine by me. It has escaped my mind with paint finishing in the cold because I live in Florida. By all means, go for it. We can set a reveal date when ever you want. Go, Go, Go

Have fun but keep it secret, keep it safe! :lol

Yes, true! But you can start already! All we need is a final deadline and an upload address.
Yes people. We will need a neutral party that is willing to take the responsibility of accepting files and uploading. Any takers will be appreciated

Is it cool if I post a picture of a saber I just made to get your opinions on it. It's a luke return of the Jedi saber so it has nothing to do with this contest

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back