Build Rey's new saber contest now closed for entries

Re: Build Rey's new saber contest LAST WEEK TO SUBMIT PICS

I’ve built it but I’m just not 100% happy with it, I’ve got a lot of looking at it to do over the next couple of days
I’ve altered it slightly but in the process I’ve scratched the €$%#*+€ paint arghhhhh

This is why I work fast-- I will roughly assemble something, then just put it on a shelf next to my desk and stare at it for days. Usually, I won't like something, so I'll break it down and try again. When something makes it a week, I know I'm, happy.

This is why I work fast-- I will roughly assemble something, then just put it on a shelf next to my desk and stare at it for days. Usually, I won't like something, so I'll break it down and try again. When something makes it a week, I know I'm, happy.

It was together roughly !! and I stared at it for days thinking and thinking then decided to go to paint and final assembly, when I did the handle that’s when it started me thinking !!!! Mmmmmm 1” to long, disassembled it, cut it shorter then reassembled it, then scratched the bloody thing in a few places ( paint was probably not hardened ) I might do a weathered look, next time I will start early and take my time

per popular request, I'm starting a new voting thread. PLEASE, do not post on it until after ALL photos are up from Drew. I'm doing this now because I will be tied up for most of the weekend.

That doesn't mean posting here stops. Where did all the chatter go!,,,,,:p

I'm just a bystander, but I'm also excited to see what everyone has come up with!

Annoyingly im going to have to drop out, the last two weeks have been really busy for me and although ive got a few bits and pieces made up for it theres no chance im going to have it done by sunday! Looking forward to seeing what other people come up with though!

I will be sending my pics to drew on Sunday as I’ve a busy working Saturday, family meal Saturday night and a Christening on Sunday afternoon so Sunday morning Uk time will be my last opportunity to finish it up and take pics, finished or not the pics will be sent. Just the reworking of the scratches to do. I’m really looking forward to seeing all the different designs and how mine stands up to all the other well established more experienced saber builders.

There have been ideas presented about voting but I do not believe there has been any specific consensus or dictatorial directives. Since it sounds like kevin926 is close to having the new entries thread. It should probably contain the voting instructions. Plus I assume Drew will need some time to complete his organizational efforts after the entry deadline on Sunday. Like everyone else who is interested in what the designs will be like, I am also interested to see what I have come up with. But I would also like to thank everyone who has put this contest together and worked to create and share their talents. I thought I should be gracious now before I see what I am competing against and become completely dishearten.

There have been ideas presented about voting but I do not believe there has been any specific consensus or dictatorial directives. Since it sounds like kevin926 is close to having the new entries thread. It should probably contain the voting instructions. Plus I assume Drew will need some time to complete his organizational efforts after the entry deadline on Sunday. Like everyone else who is interested in what the designs will be like, I am also interested to see what I have come up with. But I would also like to thank everyone who has put this contest together and worked to create and share their talents. I thought I should be gracious now before I see what I am competing against and become completely dishearten.
yes, the voting details will be worked out on the voting page once Drew has uploaded and yes, please give time for the process. 2 weeks voting time seems good to me, as everyone else liked it so far as well.

I have tomorrow to pm pics right? Can’t find my stupid dring so I have to go get a new one tomorrow but then that’s it.:facepalm Once I get it riveted on it will be done! I think everyone’s gonna like it! ;)

I have tomorrow to pm pics right? Can’t find my stupid dring so I have to go get a new one tomorrow but then that’s it.:facepalm Once I get it riveted on it will be done! I think everyone’s gonna like it! ;)
yes, tomorrow, however we really never set a cut off time on Sunday. I would imagine Drew needs at least a day to post all these photos. Don't forget, Monday is a work day for most people so I wouldn't expect much posting to be completed right away.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back