Thick traces on PCBs

Do the rings on the Yuma match the hero? I suppose that could have been part of the clean up.

The V3 isn’t used outside of the UK.

Do the rings on the Yuma match the hero? I suppose that could have been part of the clean up.

The V3 isn’t used outside of the UK.

Well ****. Now I’m really screwed up. If that’s the case I may be back on the multiple Yuma’s train.

For the sail barge sequence I think there was one primary metal Yuma, several resin Yuma copies, at least one resin V3 (the super detailed one).

Ohhh there was a resin V3 there. I think that’s what I was confusing me - I was forgetting the resin/metal part of the equation on the V3. That makes sense - Thanks for clearing that up for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm thinking it's just the one metal Yuma and then multiple resin copies of the V3. The rings on the Hero and Yuma seem to match, the holes seem to line up, and the box/tri-ring configuration looks to be there.

The stunts used for the R2 launch show the neck details and sail-barge climb show the rest of the body, details that match what's seen on the detailed V3 cast. Surviving resin stunts of the V3 are seen in the archives video, along with resin Hero(s) we know were made for touring.

If the V3 didn't make it back to the States after principal photography wrapped, the resin 'stunt cast' may have just been recasted while the one fencing stunt (Yuma) was being machined.

The only resin one I feel like we see outside of the R2-fire saber, is the one needed for Mark slamming against the side of the sail barge.

I know we've said that's resin cause of the tilted emitter. I've assumed it was a Yuma... compared to the high res V3 resin image we got recently It doesn't have the groove in the upper neck. Do you spy a resin elsewhere?

Last edited:
It doesn't have a groove in the upper neck, I believe, because they put gaffer on it to dress it up like the V2 (they even dressed the emitter face), but it does have the same clamp band details on the V3 resin stunt.

Beyond those two shots, Hamill climbing up the sail-barge and the previous R2 lauch, the only other scenes in the film that probably have the resin stunts are the inserts of the hilt going into the air and falling down.

Speculation aside, I don't believe there are resin Yumas of that time because I've not seen any resin copy of the Yuma sabers that had the original "blank" box, nevermind the ISYHCANL details; the resin Yumas I've seen all have the Hero's "cave build" box detail. Now, it may have been possible they made resin Yumas minus the box, but every resin stunt we've seen thus far has the box/clamp detail as part of the cast.

luke_rotj_barge.png

Resin V3 or Resin Yuma?

I need a majority rules decision before I lose my ding dang mind.

thd9791 is the Yuma nerd... curious as to his opinion! But if we’re saying it’s a V3 copy, the neck is obviously smoother out to match the Yuma right?

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally believe the barge climbing saber is a resin copy of the ANH stunt sabers probably v3 since the resin clamp has the holes in it) and I think it was decorated like the V2 with gaffer tape on the neck and black on the emitter plate. It was cast when the v3 had its nipple too. I have yet to see a closer shot though

- - - Updated - - -

I'll also add it seems to have a brass neck in some shots and brown in others, so I think this is that weird obi wan color scheme.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back