Thick traces on PCBs

When Vader is stalking Luke under the stairs, look at Vader’s hands. He’s holding Luke’s V2... weird right (speculation is Vader taunts Luke to come out and Luke throws the V2 at him, and Vader picks it up)...

I've read differently, and it's Vader that snatches it from Luke and Luke goes into hiding under the platform. Either way, I'm glad they changed it in the film at the end because either of those is just dumb.

I've read differently, and it's Vader that snatches it from Luke and Luke goes into hiding under the platform. Either way, I'm glad they changed it in the film at the end because either of those is just dumb.

I heard, Luke threw it at Vader. Vader taunts him, talks about turning leia, and then Luke uses the force to pull it out of Vader’s hand and into his own

Idk if there is any truth to any of it. But it’s what I’ve heard/read

I don’t mind it either way

This was my understanding. After the catwalk collapses and Luke hides, Vader allegedly picks up or force pulls Luke’s saber from the ground and there was supposed to be some sequence of Luke getting it back but it got too convoluted and they cut it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Halliwax and Poopa - very, very good explanations! I didn't know they had the V3 on Endor :) cool!

Halliwax, do you have those screenshots of the V3 in the throne room with the paint job?

I also never thought about the V3 having a clamp normally. Maybe it didn't, holy cow

So I *may* disagree on a few items in Halliwax’s description. But it’s not a firm disagreement. First, I agree that Luke on the catwalk has a V2. However, when Luke’s stuntman is shown after Vader throws the saber, I think that guy may have a resin V2 or something along those lines - Which again goes back to my questioning if there is more than one V2. I have more on the multiple V2 idea but would rather sleep on it and look at it with fresh eyes tomorrow. But I’m also not positive the swinging saber at the speeder on Endor is the V3, either. Halliwax do you have something definitive on that? would love to see!

Halliwax and Poopa - very, very good explanations! I didn't know they had the V3 on Endor :) cool!

Halliwax, do you have those screenshots of the V3 in the throne room with the paint job?

I also never thought about the V3 having a clamp normally. Maybe it didn't, holy cow

I can host them tonight, I’ve been studying them since Dan announced his v3 run

Star Wars marathon was on a weekend or so ago, while watching them u could really see the windvane and emitter good

I’ll report back tonight ;)

So I *may* disagree on a few items in Halliwax’s description. But it’s not a firm disagreement. First, I agree that Luke on the catwalk has a V2. However, when Luke’s stuntman is shown after Vader throws the saber, I think that guy may have a resin V2 or something along those lines - Which again goes back to my questioning if there is more than one V2. I have more on the multiple V2 idea but would rather sleep on it and look at it with fresh eyes tomorrow. But I’m also not positive the swinging saber at the speeder on Endor is the V3, either. Halliwax do you have something definitive on that? would love to see!

The stunt man when jumping into the little computer circle thing, before the back flip has the anh stunt (aluminum tube, dressed with black tip)

As for the back flip I never looked into what the stunt man is holding in the flip

Had to re read, almost 100% sure stunt man is holding V2 when falling. And I mean almost 100% positive...

I doubt they would cast the V2 when they had Multiple casting of the v3. Why go through the hassle of setting up all the casting, when I already have a few resin v3’s around

Fun fact ms, check out the back ground when chewie is Han are fighting in the beginning on ESB

The 2 Hoth Rebels pass a stunt saber to one another, is it resin? Is it the V2 or v3? It’s a cool little easteregg

Apparently they are holding it upside down and using it as some kind of tool

Forgot if it has a nipple or not... I’ll post that tonight as well when I get home

The stunt man when jumping into the little computer circle thing, before the back flip has the anh stunt (aluminum tube, dressed with black tip)

As for the back flip I never looked into what the stunt man is holding in the flip

Agreed! The jump into the computer circle is definitely that weird ANH stunt. I think the backflip is the same, but don’t quote me on that.

The one I was thinking is when Vader throws the saber at “stunt-luke” And the bridge collapses and all the sparks fly. he’s got something that looks like a V2 - whether it’s real or resin, I’m not sure - but I’m currently skeptical that either way it’s the same item we see on the throne room chair. Like I said, I have more than this for discussion purposes, but I want to try and assemble it today in a semi-coherent fashion to be dissected.

First is the shot of Luke still trying to tell Vader he’s good, the next is a few seconds later when Vader throws his saber at stunt Luke. Look how much dark black paint is still on real Luke’s emitter compared to stunt Luke’s. The nipple on real Luke’s also looks different, but it’s possible that’s an illusion.

b1356e6e6e41a8e671333cfe7ea6d85a.jpg

f1f1e49679d75ca3037fc6527962ec46.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had to re read, almost 100% sure stunt man is holding V2 when falling. And I mean almost 100% positive...

I doubt they would cast the V2 when they had Multiple casting of the v3. Why go through the hassle of setting up all the casting, when I already have a few resin v3’s around

Fun fact ms, check out the back ground when chewie is Han are fighting in the beginning on ESB

The 2 Hoth Rebels pass a stunt saber to one another, is it resin? Is it the V2 or v3? It’s a cool little easteregg

Apparently they are holding it upside down and using it as some kind of tool

Forgot if it has a nipple or not... I’ll post that tonight as well when I get home

Well - so you’re getting to my maybe/possibly theory - that there were castings of the V3 dressed like the V2... I’m still really, really unsure. But that was a potential working theory at the moment.

Incidentally - *if* that were the case, it may explain why some of the stunts at Yuma, seem to have some V2 type markings and weathering patterns around the emitter and on the bodies. With all the madness on that set, I’m finding it difficult to believe the prop guys found time to bother painting those stunts. And I think the theory that some were already done for the throne room makes more sense. But I’ll say again - it’s a working theory and definitely could be wrong.

Last edited:
Agreed! The jump into the computer circle is definitely that weird ANH stunt. I think the backflip is the same, but don’t quote me on that.

The one I was thinking is when Vader throws the saber at “stunt-luke” And the bridge collapses and all the sparks fly. he’s got something that looks like a V2 - whether it’s real or resin, I’m not sure - but I’m currently skeptical that either way it’s the same item we see on the throne room chair. Like I said, I have more than this for discussion purposes, but I want to try and assemble it today in a semi-coherent fashion to be dissected.

First is the shot of Luke still trying to tell Vader he’s good, the next is a few seconds later when Vader throws his saber at stunt Luke. Look how much dark black paint is still on real Luke’s emitter compared to stunt Luke’s. The nipple on real Luke’s also looks different, but it’s possible that’s an illusion.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171227/b1356e6e6e41a8e671333cfe7ea6d85a.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171227/f1f1e49679d75ca3037fc6527962ec46.jpg

If it's able to reflect that much light, it's definitely metal, and thus logically the V2.

They famously didn't have much on hand when it came to lightsaber props, which was why the V2 was brought in in the first place.

So, I agree 100% there is a dented emitter V2 and that’s the one Brandon has and that’s all good. I’m 100% on board with that. But as it were, the “dented emitter V2,” which we see on the throne room chair also has a chipped nipple. Also, the little piece that goes inside the nipple is appears in many cases either entirely black or partially black.

In the shot of real Luke - he’s clearly holding the dented emitter and the black mini-nipple. Stunt luke however, I personally don’t see that emitter as being as damaged as the other and I don’t see that the little black mini nipple in there at all. And the black mini nipple is still on Brandon’s prop. The one I’m questioning - the one the stunt guy is holding - looks empty to me and I don’t think the emitter is nearly as damaged. (The last picture of course is just my own V2 to Help better illustrate the hollow nipple).

8ec927b48013bede5383bd7b19d04de6.jpg
8d5565a384444579b30d41b9ee2f9bb9.jpg
1da532fe8d200b9a1790e56e8c43d220.jpg
f3b344badad834b472e79adeade6ddfe.jpg

d0c315a86e734afbd0162e998e4f99ca.jpg

Given the nature of the stunt sequence itself, I’d say that’s a resin saber. Logic would say it’s a resin V3– maybe painted to be V2ish, but they play so fast and loose with the sabers in this movie I don’t see them taking the time to match anything exactly.

Last edited:
Given the nature of the stunt itself, I’d say that’s a resin saber. Logic would say it’s a resin V3– I’s day maybe painted to be V2ish, but they play so fast and loose with the sabers in this movie I don’t see them taking the time to match anything exactly.

And I agree! I think its possible it’s a resin V3 painted to look like a V2. And it could explain the sail barge resin saber or any of the other many stunts at Yuma that have the V2 markings.

Though if you really want to start scratching your head - and you think I’m a little nuts about the version where the emitter isn’t as dented and doesn’t have the black mini nipple - look at this photo:

This emitter is still in good shape, The main nipple is not chipped as we’ve seen in other photos and it’s missing the black mini nipple. Yet it also has the cone in the back.
454d3eb16eb1103b9f9862425f33bb29.jpg

I think a thing to remember is that the paint changes throughout production, it’s shedding the whole time, and likely taking damage too. Not knowing the sequence of all scenes and when they were shot doesn’t help.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back