ID the parts of Holdo's blaster

CharlesHouse

img-2282331-m.jpg

Anyone have any ideas? It looks a lot like a minimal modified modern semi auto with a flash supressor similar to Leia's pistol in ANH.

Take a look at the front of the trigger guard. The Beretta 80 series has a finger rest on the front of the guard, Holdo's doesn't.

The odd sight on the front of Holdo's looks pretty close to the MCM, too.

The TLJ Visual Dictionary has a good pic of the blaster and another of Holdo holding it (from the VD thread) but I am not sure that the latter is the same prop because the side does not look silver.

The blaster is definitely a variation of Leia's blaster. It is referred to as a "DDC Defender-5".
Besides shortening the barrel and moving the front sight to the top, I think they must have put a larger cylinder around the part of the barrel that is above the receiver. It looks something that would be easy to build from a Rubies Leia blaster on a Saturday afternoon.

Last edited:
Rubies doesn't have the ridges on the side under the barrel that the actual pistol has. Any suggestions on a material to replicate it? Everything with that structure from the hardware store is too large and more expensive than it is worth.

I think the side pieces are from the inside of a camera. Like a Eumig. Ill see if I can find mine and post pics.

Already working on one to go with my 2 Leia DDC project blasters. :) They both look like scratch built (3d printed?) Margolin's to me. Too many details are different but close to be anything else IMO.

Rubies doesn't have the ridges on the side under the barrel that the actual pistol has. Any suggestions on a material to replicate it? Everything with that structure from the hardware store is too large and more expensive than it is worth.

Textured Evergreen sheet styrene? Lots to choose from there (one of the corrugated metal or siding textures?). Plastruct makes some too but theirs is vacuum formed and thus less sharp.

I couldn't figure out what to use for that ridge on the side of the barrel and then found wide zip ties...i think it comes pretty close!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back