Resistance Crait Macrobinoculars / Neuro-Saav ND.621 Rangefinder (TLJ VD)

Optical illusion?

Me thinks you are ovethinking this bit.

As I mentioned I think it looks correct.
The framegrab isn't going to be that decisive, and if you're indecisive, just hold it in place w/ some double-sided tape you could remove later.
Just a thought.

I'm still not 100%. Maybe I'll take a photograph of the prop with donut added in the same perspective, overlay them in PSD to see if they are the same proportion. I also experimented with removing the black dial completely before adding the greeblie. Doing this, created more space for the "donut" to drop down into the gap and clear the edge of the camera, which you can clearly see is underneath the greeblie.

Here's a thought. Notice that the other knob (film speed) has been completely replaced by something smaller. Compare the outer diameter of the original knob to what's used on screen. No light meter window, also a donut, thicker border, smaller outer diameter (note the difference in space between the knob and the curved "fender" where the film speed needle is). There's a much bigger gap between them, meaning the replaced knob is quite a bit smaller.
0d92045ddf9939c959bcdecfb04ee8a2.jpg

neuros3a.jpg

I'm not saying your'e wrong at all. I think you are exactly right. But just playing around with it, check out that same winder knob in place of the larger one instead of the filter selector and check out the gap between it and the fender. I think for this one what we're looking for is something just slightly bigger than the winder knob here, with a slightly bigger Inner diameter.
f51d01b9447a610223d29d42f02f41ac.jpg

Last edited:
Does the outer rim of the bino prop look thicker than the actual B&H camera.
At first I thought it was focal blurring making the edge look thicker, but Poe's pinky finger is 1/4 inch away from the edge so his finger would be blurry too. Optical illusion?

You're not crazy. Yes it actually is. This prop is either a resin cast of the camera or it has been painted. But what you're seeing, on the right edge specifically is the metal edge PLUS the black plastic trip, which was either painted silver to match, or the whole thing is a resin cast and both parts were painted silver.
Not to steal xwingercrash 's photo but his shot shows what I mean
Screen Shot 10-07-18 at 02.53 PM.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great.
What did you use for the square greeblie with the six dents (or whatever they are)?
It looks like a one piece metal object.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G903F met Tapatalk

Last edited:
I think you nailed it! I hate how the visual dictionary changes so many props.. it’s really frustrating

Why can’t they just photograph the real prop and use that? Eeerr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks awesome Trent.
Still curious what greeblies you used and where you found them.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G903F met Tapatalk

I modeled and 3D printed them in resin on my DLP machine in high resolution. then painted and weathered to match.
I can throw a greeblie kit up on my etsy if anyone is interested in them.

I was lining up the shot angles to compare parts and thought this was kind of funny lol
6375c71c4ee49eadb74480eb029d88aa.jpg

9f0fc0afe12ea7839483ffc7d01130d3.jpg

Last edited:
I'd take a greeblie kit if you did one. I have one off Kurtyboy which is good but have three B & H sportsters so could do with more. I'd take 3 viewer hoods as well if you decided to do one...

I'd take a greeblie kit if you did one. I have one off Kurtyboy which is good but have three B & H sportsters so could do with more. I'd take 3 viewer hoods as well if you decided to do one...
Trooper_trent +1 buddy for an accurate Viewer Hood :thumbsup

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I agree. it is a cast. notice no reflection in two of the lens and they are rough around edges. not as clean as the real camera.

You're not crazy. Yes it actually is. This prop is either a resin cast of the camera or it has been painted. But what you're seeing, on the right edge specifically is the metal edge PLUS the black plastic trip, which was either painted silver to match, or the whole thing is a resin cast and both parts were painted silver.
Not to steal @xwingercrash 's photo but his shot shows what I mean
View attachment 847416

I modeled and 3D printed them in resin on my DLP machine in high resolution. then painted and weathered to match.
I can throw a greeblie kit up on my etsy if anyone is interested in them.

I was lining up the shot angles to compare parts and thought this was kind of funny lol
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181008/6375c71c4ee49eadb74480eb029d88aa.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181008/9f0fc0afe12ea7839483ffc7d01130d3.jpg

Unless I missed it, is anyone going to point out that Poe’s doesn’t seem to have the glass in the lenses? Who will be first to bust theirs out :p

I didn't know @kurtyboy was already doing them. if that's the case I'll probably just make a set for myself. Don't want to step on anyone's toes.
Does he have a run somewhere? or pics or anything?
I would definitely buy one of those sportsers from you though if you'd consider it LOL I can't find them anywhere!

I'm working on the grips now.

Last edited:
They were in the junkyard a couple of months back. Aluminium set with the little button cast and painted. I don't think there were many sets up for grabs.

Added grips.
9dadb6b9c7d9764e36767748a33a2179.jpg

cc0cc821160875f76a0e40e0e5ee29bc.jpg

f4191ba09941861cb3d1b335ab076e6f.jpg

09d84bcd9d212fecb837ec83355284de.jpg

After staring at it so long I’m starting to go back to the idea that it's ribbed rubber rather than separate ribs. Specifically in this shot (I know it’s the visual dictionary version but it’s probably the same on the screen used)
The top edge of the camera has a groove across it that is not visible between the ribs
e7eb84c04ad735dce40ffbef725f016e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back