Resistance Crait Macrobinoculars / Neuro-Saav ND.621 Rangefinder (TLJ VD)

27993120_10106000429822365_2591036210859439960_o.jpg

Here we go! It finally arrived. Took several weeks and a lot of trading of hands. Newbie tip... translate all your google and ebay searches to all Roman languages to help diversify your quests. I found this camera in the buttcrack of Milan for very few dollars.

DSC06423.JPG

Hello macro friends.
I drilled 2mm holes with 2mm spacing. I bend 2mm polystyrene rod with a heatgun around a simple mold. These polystyrene parts click easy in the macro and are easy to remove.
This can also be done with aluminium or lead rod or laced with rubber wire, but with the polystyrene you can get each part identical.
Lots of luck with the building everybody!

It is great reading the thread and seeing the progress on the builds for these macrobinoculars as well as the links to the information.

I picked a Sportster IV recently and I just removed the trapezoid piece, which was an anchor point for the animation slide lever. I was looking on the inside for a way to tighten the lens carousel since it is loose, but nothing from the inside. It looks like it might be accessible under the tri-lens assembly.
Does anyone know if the lenses can be removed from the carousel without breaking it? I have gently pulled on them and it looks like it might come off, but I thought I would check to see if anyone had already encountered and solved this problem.

-Update-
One of the lenses can be unscrewed on the sportster IV, (10mm Super COMAT on mine) which will allow you to get to two screws under the lens assembly. The third screw is under the filter knob. Removing all three allows for the lens assembly and mounting plate to be removed from the camera body and you can tighten the lens assembly.

Aside from the weight, it doesn't appear that the insides are needed for the finished macros...

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
Hey @Fozz, did you use the Yugoslav Army magazine pouch for the strap? I got one but debating as to whether to attach it or not.

Hey Red Hawk,
The strap I used is from a front loader rifle, it's just something I came across and looked right for me.
Regarding the ribs I refer to post #42 from Kurtyboy.

Have a nice build!

Just some other greeblies we need to identify.

1 The camera has several small holes in this area. There seems to some sort of switch covering the holes
2 Some sort of square plate
3 Some sort of greeblie covering the hole of the winder
4 Two greeblies on the viewer
5 There seems to be some sort of extra circular greeblie placed on the dial.

Hope the blue ray can give us some more answers.

Neuro orig 01a.jpg

I’ve looked pretty closely at the DVD, from which I could get a pretty good idea of general layout and shapes, but it’s not enough resolution for getting good detail. I have the blue-ray, also, but do not yet have a player.

Just took these from YouTube.

You can clearly see a triangle shaped greeblie. Looks like some sort of switch.
There also seem to be a round button on the side of the camera body in the second photo.

Neuro orig 04.jpg

Neuro orig 05.jpg

Neuro orig 06.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back