Resistance Crait Macrobinoculars / Neuro-Saav ND.621 Rangefinder (TLJ VD)

I see the highlight of that ridge between the ribs. enlarged and despeckled in psd and indicated by arrows. Screen Shot 2018-10-09 at 4.41.13 PM.png

I didn't know @kurtyboy was already doing them. if that's the case I'll probably just make a set for myself. Don't want to step on anyone's toes.
Does he have a run somewhere? or pics or anything?
I would definitely buy one of those sportsers from you though if you'd consider it LOL I can't find them anywhere!

I'm working on the grips now.

If you square up with Marcus and offer a kit I would take one too. Shipping for his kit to the U.S. would probably cost more than the kit itself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

your photo has been contrasted and blurred so it's hard to see. In my original, even after despeckling to calm the halftone dot. i still see the highlight perfectly and also see the same top fade from dark to light in between that's present on top. agree to disagree i guess.

Yeah the brightness has been increased to see the details better but it's also a bit higher resolution than the one you're referencing. But yeah there's no point if this is the only photo there is. I'm also trying to think about what's more likely when it comes to making the prop. Did they just have some ribbed rubber and glued a section on each side, or did they individually place separate rods and cut holes to stick the ends in? There just happens to be a tripod mount / handle screw hole exactly where the grips are, which to me indicates they were trying to cover it up by adding the grips, so it wouldn't make sense to add separate rods since it wouldn't cover up the hole.

Last edited:
to your point... i think they molded it so anything is possible. i would agree drilling holes and inserting rods is a tedious task, but as I look at the photo we are referencing and I see rods and when I look at the screen grabs from the movie and see ribbed rubber. Maybe Both?

Yeah the brightness has been increased to see the details better but it's also a bit higher resolution than the one you're referencing. But yeah there's no point if this is the only photo there is. I'm also trying to think about what's more likely when it comes to making the prop. Did they just have some ribbed rubber and glued a section on each side, or did they individually place separate rods and cut holes to stick the ends in? There just happens to be a tripod mount / handle screw hole exactly where the grips are, which to me indicates they were trying to cover it up by adding the grips, so it wouldn't make sense to add separate rods since it wouldn't cover up the hole.

OK so the viewer printed out really nicely and all in all is a good size and fit. I'm going to make a couple of tweaks and print another one before showing how it turned out but it looks good.

updated viewer hood. I (hopefully) improved the fitted curve, I updated the greeblies on top, fixed the flare, and lips. I thought about putting some kind of techy looking details inside so it wasn't just an open hole to the back of the camera, but if people end up adding electronics or something I didn't want to interfere.

Screen Shot 10-10-18 at 03.48 PM.PNGScreen Shot 10-10-18 at 03.47 PM.PNGScreen Shot 10-10-18 at 03.49 PM.PNG

Wow...looks great! Think this is the first one that I’ve seen anyone completely finish.

Thanks!

I'm also seeing something on the viewer hood itself that makes me think it's not just an open box. Oh and there's another small greeblie on the bottom, just inside the corner of the metal framing
Screen Shot 10-10-18 at 07.08 PM.PNG

Good catch. Looks like maybe a viewfinder on the back? Really hard to tell what the other small greeblie is on the bottom.

I thought about that, except there's already the camera's view finder to the left of the hood.

maybe the bottom thing is a push button to light up the hood so it reflects the blue light on his face.

I thought about that, except there's already the camera's view finder to the left of the hood.

maybe the bottom thing is a push button to light up the hood so it reflects the blue light on his face.

I was thinking that if the extension in the back is what he’s actually supposed to be looking through all of the optics would be housed in there. Functionally, it seems like it would be hard for the user to look through the “real” viewfinder since you wouldn’t be able to get your eye up to it since the extension is in the way. You could probably tell better though since you have the extension in place.

I was thinking that if the extension in the back is what he’s actually supposed to be looking through all of the optics would be housed in there. Functionally, it seems like it would be hard for the user to look through the “real” viewfinder since you wouldn’t be able to get your eye up to it since the extension is in the way. You could probably tell better though since you have the extension in place.

We've already put way more thought into it than the people who built the prop. There's your answer lol

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back