Christmas is coming a few days early...

Warning! Potential TLJ spoilers

So what do you guys think-- Should I add an entry for the "reveal" Graflex in TLJ?

Considering it's possible this is the end for the Graflex in the movies, I think yes. When I saw Rey holding the graflex in two pieces, I remember feeling almost as bad as when Kylo skewered Han.

And Seth, thanks so much for your work!

So what do you guys think-- Should I add an entry for the "reveal" Graflex in TLJ?

1tqmt9.jpg

SO I lied-- Christmas did NOT come early... that's what happens when you gather new images up, discover a bunch of stuff, and a new movie happens. There's literally three big updates to old sabers happening at once...

Anyway, before I update the stickied post and hand it off to Roy to make public to the world, here is a soft-publish of the new version for deep RPFers. I plan to go public after New Year's so that gives you a few days to find any typos (there will be a lot, despite being a writer I am a horrid typist, and most of this was written after-hours), argue any thoeries (must have photo back up!), or otherwise send me back into a tailspin of rewrites.

http://sethmsherwood.com/OMGSECRET/SW_LS_bible_12.27.17.pdf

Changes include:

- Almost 20 pages of new content
- overview sections added
- all ESB Graflex sabers revised
- Vader Rogue One page added
- TLJ Graflex information added
- Luke Hero TFA/TLJ sections added
- Prequel sabers section added (under protest)
- Sequel sabers section added
- Apocryphal sabers section added
- glossary added
- Yuma section revised
- gallery expanded
- t-track information revised
- reveal saber page added

SO I lied-- Christmas did NOT come early... that's what happens when you gather new images up, discover a bunch of stuff, and a new movie happens. There's literally three big updates to old sabers happening at once...

Anyway, before I update the stickied post and hand it off to Roy to make public to the world, here is a soft-publish of the new version for deep RPFers. I plan to go public after New Year's so that gives you a few days to find any typos (there will be a lot, despite being a writer I am a horrid typist, and most of this was written after-hours), argue any thoeries (must have photo back up!), or otherwise send me back into a tailspin of rewrites.

http://sethmsherwood.com/OMGSECRET/SW_LS_bible_12.27.17.pdf

Changes include:

- Almost 20 pages of new content
- overview sections added
- all ESB Graflex sabers revised
- Vader Rogue One page added
- TLJ Graflex information added
- Luke Hero TFA/TLJ sections added
- Prequel sabers section added (under protest)
- Sequel sabers section added
- Apocryphal sabers section added
- glossary added
- Yuma section revised
- gallery expanded
- t-track information revised
- reveal saber page added

This is INCREDIBLE!!!
Thank you for sharing this with us!

Is the V3 what Luke throws away after he chops off Vader’s hand?

Man I love this guide!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is INCREDIBLE!!!
Thank you for sharing this with us!

Is the V3 what Luke throws away after he chops off Vader’s hand?

Man I love this guide!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We're thinking it's the V3 through that sequence, but probably a resin that he actually tosses.

seth im so confused on this scene... i always thought he deactivated the v3, then scenes switched and he chucks a resin stunt..

but im now thinking hes throwing the actual v3. the circuit card looks too detailed for it to be painted on a resin stunt. i could be completely wrong

km2NfDa.jpg

0fl78cD.jpg

nG1E7zf.jpg

i find it hard to believe they would remove the blade from the v3, and throw the all metal prop... cut scene replace saber with resin and chuck... but there is no cut scene.. maybe there is a guy laying on the ground out of frame exchanging sabers? if so why even bother removing the blade, if the blade was already removed just chuck the v3?

i wonder if the sound we here of it hitting the floor is the real sound of the metal prop, or if it was dubbed over in editing..

Most everything is dubbed. Production sounds is generally just room tone and dialog. I always assumed there was a crash pad off camera. I also always thought it was the V2, until we started talking resin yesterday.

Most everything is dubbed. Production sounds is generally just room tone and dialog. I always assumed there was a crash pad off camera. I also always thought it was the V2, until we started talking resin yesterday.

if it is resin, they did a hell of a job painting that circuit card.

the rings look different then the v3's but the paint under the emitter looks to be the same.. the control box also looks funky, like they could have filled it with clay to void that area for silicone. this is what makes me believe its resin
km2NfDa.jpg

another thing to mention, is the clamp color, and emitter is matching.. i would think it would be 2 different colors, being the brushed nickel, and raw aluminum.. shows signs of cold casting.

Matte finish of the metal, especially the clamp, makes me think this is a resin V3 all throughout the scene. They didn't need the dueling rod to rotoscope the effect at this point, at least, not when it's ignited for a short time. So it makes me think that Hamill's just holding a resin cast over Prowse, pretending to deactivate it, and then tosses it. We also know from the Wired image that they did bother painting the PCB on the cast (looked like all one gold color) but being that it's mostly all worn off at this point, who knows?

Again, they most likely didn't care all that much about props, so it very well could be the real V3.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back