zenix's The Last Jedi - Build thread- Rose's jewelry, dice, necklace, ring, and more!

Re: zenix's The Last Jedi - Build thread- Rose's jewelry, dice, necklace, ring, and m

Here's the first die, cast in a base metal (not the steel version) before plating
6633fa60741317e75414b3b13cfdf44a.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Re: zenix's The Last Jedi - Build thread- Rose's jewelry, dice, necklace, ring, and m

Dang!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Zenix! You told me to rely to you on this form for you to make Rose’s ring. Are you able to do so? I reached out to you on Etsy (bytestobits). I wanted it as a gift for my twin brother. He’s obsessed with the ring.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Zenix! You told me to rely to you on this form for you to make Rose’s ring. Are you able to do so? I reached out to you on Etsy (bytestobits). I wanted it as a gift for my twin brother. He’s obsessed with the ring.

- - - Updated - - -

hey buddy, check out his run thread here!
https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=285113

mind blowing what he came out with!

THANK YOU!!!! I appreciate this so much! I cant wait. I may as well get one for me too! haha

This is freak’n awesome!

That ring is beautiful already. I found it interesting that you molded in the four dots on from the iris. I assume that the original prop has the actual metal on the Iris plated with gold, or painted. That would be much harder to do however. Did you see the exploded view of the Iris I posted in this thread: https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=285074&page=4&p=4390290&viewfull=1#post4390290

Regarding the Medallion:
I have been working my own 3D design for Rose's Medallion, but wanted to share what I think I have found:
Rose's and Paige's medallions are just two sides of the same thing.

When the round side of the crescent is facing to the left, we will call it it "Paige's Medallion", as that is what is shown during her scene in the movie.
When the round is on the right it is "Rose's Medallion" This is the side we see when Rose is holding her half of the medallion.

Paige's side has smaller features near the inside of the crescent, and Rose's has more solid shapes with less cuts.

This is confirmed in the movie when "Don't Join" is preparing to short circuit something, he ends up flipping the medallion over, showing that it is in fact double sided. And the "Paige's" side details can be seen just before he shorts out the circuit. The Disney park prop display all but confirms my suspicion.

So far none of the etsy or eBay versions have seem to have caught this detail.

Last edited:

Found the iris that you use not going to link it here for the sake of your run, alas to get the iris to Australia it would be 100$ in shipping :(

Oh damn!! I love the brass!!

Your casting looks good. Why cast them in steel instead of brass? (I thought steel was harder to cast)

Also, is the body of the Iris made from a brass instead of aluminum?

Your casting looks good. Why cast them in steel instead of brass? (I thought steel was harder to cast)

Also, is the body of the Iris made from a brass instead of aluminum?

Because it's a better product. Yes there's a black coating on the real iris, and when you remove that coating, you can see the brass underneath.

Have you still been working on Rose's pendent?

Holy crap man, I haven't been to your store in a while...

2019 I'm going shopping.

There's some great stuff in there... for sure when I ditch my "family truckster" for a "divorced midlife crisis mobile", I'm grabbin those dice.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back