deagostini millennium falcon. Worth it???

oblagon

Sr Member
I've read up on the DeAgostini Falcon that it's essentially a MR V2 and hopefully without getting into a debate over it's inaccuracies, is it in the end worth the cash for those that own or have owned it?

A definitely yes from me.
The best part is building this beauty and learning new skills including...

Airbrushing
Fibre optics
And general kit building.

I believe the M.R would cost four to six times the cost as well.

i've had fun building it, though its not a traditional kit by any means. I'm almost done with the build and while its the most expensive kit i've ever built, its no where near the cost of the MR ones and its pretty awesome. right now i'm stalling finishing it b/c i'm scared to botch up the paint job.

I also have the complete kit now.Its worth every penny.But its very big.
I´m still waiting for someone who offers a kit for the Originaldesign of the screenused prop before I start my build.

Yes, definitely!

The only prob is the cockpit cone. Easy fixed, though.
Can't understand how they got that wrong. Twice!!

No the complete cockpit is wrong inside if you wanna build it like the real propship.The Original was made from modelkitparts.
I want my falcon like the real prop and not with a cockpit like the 1:1 Falcon.

I was just given one as a gift. One of the best gifts I have ever received. Is there a good place to find out what really needs to be replaced on this kit? I do want to do a full scale style cockpit with figures, if I need to change the outside cone to be more accurate that means a new interior as well if I am reading the above correctly. I'm not super worried about the seats being perfect over all if the figures cover a large part of them.

Couple of links I found helpful on missing parts and accurizing the cockpit to get you started -
List of after market upgrades - De Agostini Millennium Falcon Upgrades - Millennium Falcon Notes
Kris Taylor's build is pretty amazing - My first build (deago ESB SS Falcon!)

I've read up on the DeAgostini Falcon that it's essentially a MR V2 and hopefully without getting into a debate over it's inaccuracies, is it in the end worth the cash for those that own or have owned it?

From a point of view of not having to go out and buy all the greeblies and then make plans to build your own from scratch i’d say it’s worth it. I haven’t even started mine. I have two but i’m Going to sell one off.

From a point of view of not having to go out and buy all the greeblies and then make plans to build your own from scratch i’d say it’s worth it. I haven’t even started mine. I have two but i’m Going to sell one off.
Hi? Did you sell? How much? I have one too. Not sure how much to sell for. My disability means I can't build it.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back